The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wat is the best year 7.3 to turn into a pullin truck the 94-97 or the newer body style

·
Registered
687 Posts
Dont know that it'd matter much after a certain point, the SD's come with a better version of the 7.3, but once you start pouring money at either, they're both gonna do well.

·
190 Posts
if its gonna be a pulling truck I would go with the obs. It will have stronger rods. And the obs's are cheaper. Only real difference would be the intercooler. If you are going with a fully built motor then your just looking at the cost difference in the truck.

·
2,509 Posts
I would say as long as the you got a forged rod engine the differences between the obs and sd engines dose'nt make any difference because anthing that may be a little beter on a SD stil has to be upgraded for enough power to make the truck compete well. I think the thing you need to look at most is the drive train. I think the superduity looks to be built a little heavier but I am not sure if its enough to make it worth the extra cost of them. Personally If I was going to build an all out pulling truck it would be a OBS because I like the way they look, and you can buy one for about 1/2 price of a superduity which gives you more money to put into performance parts

1 - 4 of 4 Posts