The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys this is not to turn into a pissing match or a brand war. I just want some honest opinions.

If i put 160cc injectors and get a 100hp setting on my truck will it be able to hang with a 97 12v with the pump tweaked a small amount and an upgraded turbo housing with a 5spd.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Good luck! what's his idea of "minor pump tweaks"? :smoke Pump mods, injectors, and a turbo are the main needs for the 12v's to run like a scalded dog. . .he's admitting to 2 of them. . .I wouldn't race for pinks :)

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He doesnt have to admit them...i know whats not done. But i don't know enough about the 12v's to say for sure

No injectors. I think just a 0 fuel plate and the pump turned up a little bit

·
1,726 Posts
If he doesn't have any more than pump tweaks you will more than likely be able to handle him.

I raced a newer Derdge with a 24 valve that suposedly had a 90 hp tuner on it and it was prety much an even match. He had a 6 spd so if we would have started from a dead stop instead of a 40 mph roll I would have wiped the floor with him. Not to mention the fact that my truck is much faster 0 to 40 then it is 40 to 80 (Needs Big Oil)

·
Registered
113 Posts
i'm going to guess he's right at or just under the 300 horse mark. roughly. it's also going to depend on his gear ratio. mine's a 4.10 and i run outta steam at about 85 because i have a stock governor. if he has 3.55's he should break the triple digits pretty. i say you'll take him outta the hole but depending on the distance he'll catch ya on the high end. it'd be a whole other story if he had a built auto.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts