The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I got a real good one that has me stumped...

First off here is the history on my problem. Sometime this last summer I was coming home I got my first dead pedal. I managed to get back to the house and check for codes. I had a APPS error code. I forgot the code number. No VP44 error codes at all. So I'mm assuming the APPS is failing. Since I live in the middle of nowhere I figured I better replace it. So I spent the ~$400 for a APPS sensor.

Dead pedal problem gone! But...:damnit

Now I got a high idle / exhaust brake issue. During long trips I notice that my exhaust brake will not work some times. I double check the switch on the stick and my dash. But there both on (ACTIVE). Then when I come to a stop the idle is about 900-1100 RPMs. I've double checked to see if the throttle was binding or hanging up but its hitting the stops on the APPS sensor. I've done the APPS reset and still got the problem. Even checking with my ScanGauge II the APPS shows 0% when it happens. Now the only thing I found to reset the problem is to pull over and stop and shut down the engine for about 2 minutes. Then the APPS behaves normally again.

Really weird...:shrug:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
The APPS's have ground issues, you could try to reground it like tons of people do. Or you might have already done that, but I don't see it on your site, so I guess you haven't.:sofa

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK Great Philly911... Give me the low down on grounding the APPS or how to go about it??? For once the Great Mopar1973Man is on the learning side of the stick!

I seen a few talk about this for like kick down issues or something for AUTO trans...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts