The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past few months I've been smelling the odor of diesel fuel right after i've shut off the engine. I've checked for fuel leaks but haven't found any. The odor is both inside the cab as well as outside, but I don't smell it if the engine has been off for awhile. I have a 1997 F350 144,000 miles. Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
124 Posts
Well , if you smell it it is leaking. On my truck it is the restriction sensor. I will remove it and put a plug there as soon as I get a chance. It leaks when the engine is cold and when it warms up it stops . . .

·
257 Posts
Check the fuel bowl drain tube and see if any is dribbling out. You could have leaking o-rings on the drain valve on the back of the filter housing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree with Myf350...also check for fuel in the valley on top of your motor.If this is your problem,you will need to replace the 2 o-rings in the yellow drain valve with #202 viton o-rings.Its easy to do,just better to have small hands...Keith

·
1,567 Posts
The only two leaks I have run into so far are the fuel line that runs to the back of the passenger side cyl head, and the fuel filter cover seals

1 - 5 of 5 Posts