The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so since im not working i think im going to head up silverado or ortega and check out north main divide to find some new cruise destinations. does anybody want to go? i will probably be headin up there in the morning. maybe 10am? let me know.

Garrett

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i checked google earth and north main gets up to the top of silverado for sure. also, that road that was open for us at the top goes down into corona. and it followed the path that we could see. it didnt drop off to the right.

Garrett

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
goin over silverado drops you down at retreat golf and country club, so there may be a locked gate. that is right at the weirick rd. off ramp.

Garrett

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
just found out today that i have friday off guys, and it is payday as well for me (full tank of fuel, plenty of smokes, etc etc).

that said i wouldnt mind headin up if yall wanna wait til then.

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
just found out today that i have friday off guys, and it is payday as well for me (full tank of fuel, plenty of smokes, etc etc).

that said i wouldnt mind headin up if yall wanna wait til then.
its supposed to rain, squirly. tomorrow night and i think thursday too. might not be able to go thru if it does.

Garrett

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
its supposed to rain, squirly. tomorrow night and i think thursday too. might not be able to go thru if it does.

Garrett
rain tomorrow and thursday = MUD on friday when i have the day off! :rock:rock:rock

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so i met at johnny's, wayne was already there. we got fuel and headed south. met up with squirly/squid boy on ortega.

we went to the top and turned left onto north main divide. ended up going a ways up and talked to a ranger. found out that it was closed farther up due to a landslide and that they needed a dozer to clear it. so we followed the road back to ortega and proceeded to head down into elsinore. we went up the 15 to weirick where, after some looking and some help, were able to find the road to get up to the top of silverado.
we headed up a steep switchback for a ways. probably around 2000ft up.

we then took a little break and found out that somebody had shanked squirly's radiator. no, thats not it. he still hadnt fixed it from halloween.

then he tried to start it and it, "sounded like a traxxas". ended up finding out that the starter was missing a bolt and was just hanging there by 1 loose bolt. so, squirly had to get under there and tighten it up.

i gave him some brand new rain gear and the goober put the pant on backwards.

we got it started and decided to head to the bottom to call for AAA.

and then it arrived, an International tow truck.

from there we went back over ortega to squid boys house. dropped the truck off and went to harbor house cafe in dana point. after eating we went to johhnys where jeremy decided to drink his sorrows away.

what a friday!

Garrett

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Looks Fun... tell him NICE PILLOW :haha

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
bill, garrett aint gotta tell me nothing, im here, you know? pay more attention to who we are :haha :haha

and yeah was a fun say, wish i had the $ to get myself a new radiator. looks like more downtime for my rig. d'oh! :bang:

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
bill, garrett aint gotta tell me nothing, im here, you know? pay more attention to who we are :haha :haha

and yeah was a fun say, wish i had the $ to get myself a new radiator. looks like more downtime for my rig. d'oh! :bang:
Cars.. :woohoo

So your saying he was afraid you might :kick him :D :haha

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
:popcorn

·
KEE KEE WHOO!
1,453 Posts
very interesting, sounds fun.
haha " shanked " only in Califas

1 - 20 of 37 Posts