The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
The other guy
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I know. Especially after the threads about using the proper forum... :poke

I was reading all over the site last night on old archive stuff and the "giveaway" threads and lots of off beat threads and stuff... Just curious about something. How many of y'all that will actually read this, as I don't ever post new threads; just answer questions- joined this board and post just for the heavy duty part and not use the site for the bread and butter pick-up portion?? Just curious like I said. I followed some newer guys stuff for a while and besides the 6.0 Ford board, this section gets more hits than about everything else on here combined. And it's just a "sideline" of the board, tho it is actually the "Diesel Garage". Anyway, just kinda curious if anyone else noticed this. Stay warm!! ...Tony

·
248 Posts
Browse through rest of forum maybe once a month unless I'm looking for something specific, except the ag thread about once a week. The heavy duty I pretty much read everything. Not much else to do now that most farm equipment pretty much operates its self with all the gps nowadays. I can't count the times the knowledge picked up here in HD has saved me time and $$. Over having take stuff to a shop or even knowing where to start looking on some of this newer stuff. There is a ton of excellent knowledge on here with great people willing to share it. This one of the few sites is ever be willing to pay to join and even then itd only be for the HD section

·
2,555 Posts
I would have to say that I stay mostly in the HD area, for me pickup trucks are a nessicary tool and how much can you do to a 6.5 anyway. just enjoy the fuel milage and for me reliability.

·
The other guy
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would have to say that I stay mostly in the HD area, for me pickup trucks are a nessicary tool and how much can you do to a 6.5 anyway. just enjoy the fuel milage and for me reliability.
Yep I spent $11K 10 years ago building a complete 6.5 pushing 22psi boost. Ran great; really... For 15K miles, then broke a custom billet crank in four places. IDLING :bash

·
O'Skool Member
579 Posts
Found the board during a Google search a few years ago and I thought "man, I've been waiting for this kind of info since I got a PC in 2000!"

Not taking away from everyone else but Tony you are a big part of why I am a regular. I want to learn all I can about the mechanical 3406. I learn a lot and give when I can. And most everyone on here is pretty cool.

My old Chevy is a gas job 350. I do plan one day to stuff a 4 cyl. Cummins under the hood and there's great info in the other section. Need to get the scooter back together first! Priorities.

·
Highway to Hell
1,022 Posts
I joined the board because of the HD section. Never been a pick up truck guy as I have never owned one, I did have a 91 suberban tho... Anyways I rarely surf the rest of the board. Made a few posts in the parking lot but thats about it. Im a Class 8 kinda guy so I stick to that. My history here if you care to know... I was asked to be a mod the first year I joined this board. Asked to look over the HD/MD section. Said I would help as best I can. So far we have had very few issues. And I like that. less BS to deal with and 99.9% of the advice comes with merit.I like that we have new and old school guys that work on these trucks. Everthing from MACK,Pete,KW,FL,and all the others that have turned to dust. with a group like we have lots of questions get answered. Big thanks to all of you here and the other people that keep the other parts of the board alive and well

·
The other guy
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I joined the board because of the HD section. Never been a pick up truck guy as I have never owned one, I did have a 91 suberban tho... Anyways I rarely surf the rest of the board. Made a few posts in the parking lot but thats about it. Im a Class 8 kinda guy so I stick to that. My history here if you care to know... I was asked to be a mod the first year I joined this board. Asked to look over the HD/MD section. Said I would help as best I can. So far we have had very few issues. And I like that. less BS to deal with and 99.9% of the advice comes with merit.I like that we have new and old school guys that work on these trucks. Everthing from MACK,Pete,KW,FL,and all the others that have turned to dust. with a group like we have lots of questions get answered. Big thanks to all of you here and the other people that keep the other parts of the board alive and well
:whs:whs:whs:whs:whs

Wouldn't have this thing if it weren't for them!!! :thumbsup (and you do a very good job if I may say so, specially since all the blow-ups are from or do to me) :bang

·
1,271 Posts
Cant get on puter without checking the heavy section. On rare occasions, venture to other sections, but here soley for this section.
Tony, course we are gonna read your threads. As RD said, you are a big part of this forum. i am loyal to you to the point i was called a :kissass once. So be it, im a kissazz. You provide so much info and i do apprecitate it. I am loyal to you like a dog.
Many others provide lots (JohnG,379LH, Sled,Pichu(yup, you too,David:thumbsup)CummisISX,dds,Mr.Haney,Cody and many i am forgetting), but you are always here with great info.
I have a tough time figuring out how to get one foot in front of the other, how do you keep some much knowledge?
Anyway, Tony and the rest of TDG gurus, please keep posting...:happymugs
And THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!

·
1,271 Posts
:hijacked Tony, i assume you drank the drinks everyone bought you?:thumbsup
Note to Admin, when are we gonna be able to buy Tony the 42 drinks he is owed? It was a neat feature, being able to "buy" a member a drink or whatever, as a sign of appreciatation.
Many members here earn and deserve a toddy...:happymugs

·
89 Posts
I don,t work on little trucks so I don,t usually check out the rest ,I,m only interested in HD section and I thought this section was the main forum or should be :read

·
51 Posts
I discovered this forum when Pullingtrucker posted a link to it in a thread at another site and have been reading every new thread in the HD section ever since.

Occasionally I will browse through the other sections when I feel like being amazed at the money people spend on their pickup trucks. I have driven the same pickup truck for 15 years and its still stock.

Thanks to everyone for making this board what it is.

·
119 Posts
i joined just for the hd section. most of the time i just lurk, cuz i'm still learning, but this site has furthered my education tremendously! keep up the good work!:happymugs

·
36 Posts
found the site on a google search. needed help getting a 3406 e running after an overhaul. i thought i broke the timing sensor. posted on here a couple of guys said to pull the sensor out did that and it ran. so a great site i check out all the others now and then because i work on pickups and everthing in between. thanks for the information everyone. dale

·
4,827 Posts
Found this site via a different diesel truck site. Spend most of my time in the HD section when I happen to have any time to hop on to here. Spent plenty of years in the pickup truck section/sites over the years helping guys fix stuff and modding. Got burned out by answering the same questions over and over. Been really busy, so not much time to get online. Here, or otherwise.

Spend most of my time in my W900L, so it makes the best use of my time. :)

·
The other guy
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I don,t work on little trucks so I don,t usually check out the rest ,I,m only interested in HD section and I thought this section was the main forum or should be :read
LOL !!! Now that's funny rite there (and God bless the starvin pygmies in New Guinny) :happymugs

·
169 Posts
I never notice a pick up truck section, I joined the site for the HD section exclusively, and found an ocean of information about what we do, it was specially you Tony who caught my attention, you must have devoted your entire live to acquired so much information about this big engines and I know I'm not the only one here that appreciated it.

I will Say thank you to the diesel garage and many of it's members.

Oh, Tony about keeping warmed, don't worry about me I have been using the A/C pretty much every day except for a couple of days when it got to the 40s for a few hours at night and early morning.;)

·
168 Posts
Well Im here because I was pulling my hair out trying to get the air out of the lines and called Tony for help. He mentioned the site in a phone call and Ive been devouring information since. HD is what makes my grocery money. Little hints from that section will make big differences in my income later.

·
2,824 Posts
I browse the other sections just to see what chapters most of the soap operas are on, I mean we have our scuffles in here every now and again, but the other tech sections are kinda ridiculous.

Always have been here to learn, it seemed that people around the heavy section are very hospitable when it come to giving help, which is usually backed up with facts or tons of experience.

Thanks blackdog for the compliment.:thumbsup

·
Wanna be door swinger
422 Posts
I usually stay in the HD section, but once in a while I venture out to the "Parking Lot", Ag, and the sled pulling sections. I'm a member on 4 other sites and it's pretty much my standard everywhere. I just don't get into the politcal crap, name calling, and other BS that happens in the other forums and/or areas of this site and others (the BS is way worse on other sites).

·
237 Posts
I too love the info on this site,everyone is great at sharing their knowledge and EXPERIANCE and saves alot of money, and headaches for most of us. Yes I only look here and the rebuilds and rides sections, and a great big thank you to all the super wrenches, and mods.:thumbsup

1 - 20 of 85 Posts