The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Haulin' Azz
3,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this could be good, we already have professional snow contractors as members here.Could turn into a Blizzard ! LOL

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
A bittersweet business. Sweet when it snows, bitter when it don't.

I can't make up my mind wether or not to get back in.

·
2,184 Posts
I'm with ya.... I hate snow...but then again I don't depend on it to put food on the table..

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Hey, could be worse. I could live where there's a constant threat of earthquakes, wild fires, tornados, tsunamis or locusts LOL.

Snow sucks, but if you live where it snows, might as well make some money with it.

·
2,184 Posts
Duke said:
Hey, could be worse. I could live where there's a constant threat of earthquakes, wild fires, tornados, tsunamis or locusts LOL.

Snow sucks, but if you live where it snows, might as well make some money with it.

True the thought that my state might break off and fall in the Ocean makes snow look alot better LOL

·
Registered
596 Posts
Duke said:
Darn good point. Earthquakes can actually be fun at times!

·
4,318 Posts
Thats a lot of snow... and it looks like your first snow... since there was not any other snow piled up there....

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
We had a 32" snow in the '96-'97 season. I cashed in big on that one. I had an AIG insurance corporate center that paid $1,000 per inch. :)

It was ~5 acres of parking & some sidewalks. They even had a field behind the place we could pile the snow.

I used to do it with 2 F-350's w/ 9' Pro-plows, 2 M/D's w/ Western 10' municipals and my 555 4x4 hoe. Me & 2 helpers.

That was just one of 12 commercial accounts and ~30 driveways.

Why did I quit plowing????? Ohe yeah, now I remember....KIDS!!

·
Diesel Nutbag
548 Posts
ISurvivedNMU said:
Thats a lot of snow... and it looks like your first snow... since there was not any other snow piled up there....
That was the first snow this past season. There was 8" on that lot and it hadn't been touched yet. I was plowing in scoop mode because it was wet and heavy and there was too much to windrow ;)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Snow

Living in the snow belt iam one of the contractors Broker is speaking about i grew up here and its a way of life has far has counting on it to put food on the table it would be has much of a gamble has farming . Its a second buss for most up here and is a nice second income pushing over 75 commercial accounts and 45 resi accounts during a average winter up here its not hard to pull down 1/4 mill so ill stick with it til my bones cant take it anymore :Thumbup:

Attachments

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
If he hits you with a nasty insult...YES, it's JoeyD. LOL

If he doesn't.....NO, it's not JoeyD. LOL

J/K, Welcome Joey!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Lets face it boys, nasty was required in the war zone and I had fun doing it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts