The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
TDG #97
1,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08powersmoke and I were talking and decided it would be a good time if sometime in the spring all us Ohio boys get together at a track and have a day where we all just hang out and drag and see who can have bragging rights!

If anyone interested post up where your from and when you think you could come! :thumbsup

Lets make this the talk of TDG! :happymugs

AJ

·
Hadley Coal Roller
819 Posts
if its northern ohio i might be able to come. id be willin to drive down there

·
257 Posts
where in Oh you from

·
Cowgirl with a CUMMINS!
532 Posts
Im from Sunbury...id come to watch!

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
Gotta be at least in the middle of the state...

I'm sure if anyone breaks we could arrange to get trucks towed home, or down to Unlimited Diesel in Bremen...

·
990 Posts
i'd be willing to drive where ever in ohio. i'm near cincinnati though. not to familiar with any tracks up north. i have edgewater drag park 2 minutes from me.

·
26 Posts
The only problem with edgewater is they wont let you run if you have meaty tires. Tri State in Hamilton will let you though.

·
278 Posts
I wouldnt mind goin...

·
990 Posts
The only problem with edgewater is they wont let you run if you have meaty tires. Tri State in Hamilton will let you though.
i've ran there plenty of times on the tires in my sig... and they are pretty meaty!:haha

·
Diesel Fume Crazy
108 Posts
There is an 1/8 mile track called Pacemakers at Mt Vernom, Ohio

National Trail raceway just east of Columbus, Ohio

My be ablel to get a few FOKISD members interested.

·
278 Posts
So whats the plan?

·
Penguin
251 Posts
I like to drink.. My truck aint no drag truck though :haha Id maybe come and watch...

·
Cowgirl with a CUMMINS!
532 Posts
I've been to pacemakers many times......its a few miles from my farm!

·
Gear jammin fool
869 Posts
They USED to have all diesel drags at Quaker City, but haven't had them in couple years now. It was a blast to see the big trucks run(ya, I ran mine). I know Thompson had some diesel racing last year? Not sure who organized it?

The race schedules should be coming out right quick. Need to check around to see if and diesel races are up?

·
278 Posts
Well does anyone know the schedule at pacemakers?

·
Diesel Fume Crazy
108 Posts
If any of you want to stop over to the club web site you are welcome to.

There is a club photo gallery that I am still working on.

www.fokisd.org

Paul

·
2,824 Posts
They USED to have all diesel drags at Quaker City, but haven't had them in couple years now. It was a blast to see the big trucks run(ya, I ran mine). I know Thompson had some diesel racing last year? Not sure who organized it?

The race schedules should be coming out right quick. Need to check around to see if and diesel races are up?
They let you run the Mack?

·
Gear jammin fool
869 Posts
http://www.pacemakersdragway.com/schedule.html

Look closely at Jun 20th, as the UMTR (group I run with) is racing that day. If you like old school stick shift race cars, it's a great show. We run all over NE Ohio all summer. Check us out www.UMTRNorth.com

Ya, QuakerCity had big rigs running too(besides pickups). They had their own class and I actually went 3 rounds each year I went. Might not be the quickest rig, but I can cut a light and run the number! Pretty hard to be consistent with a 42" tall tire and no power :haha

Here's me chasin' a large car in time trials in about 2003-04? Well, actually he was out runn'n me :D What can I say...the ol girl only has 180 hp :mafia1:
I had them all trembl'n in their shorts as they all found out I could cut a .510 light all day and they were wayyy out in left field. Told them my actual race car was sitting over in the pits. Too bad the event got smaller and smaller and now isn't there. It was a fun day.

Most tracks don't allow big trucks to run, as they do kinda tear the starting line up and the weight isn't good for the track surface. I tried to make a pass in the Mack at Norwalk a couple years ago at the Blue Suede cruise and Tim(runs the staging lanes) told me I had to run down the sidelines, as they didn't want me on the surface. I was giving a friend a ride and that was good enough.

My rig at Columbus Labor day 2008:

·
990 Posts
well has anybody figured out the schedules, cause im not familiar with really any tracks but edgewater, and national trail.

·
Gear jammin fool
869 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts