The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just bored and thought up a question LOL!!!! How often do you guys change your oil?? Ive used Amsoil since the day I bought the truck and would change it every 10,000. Now they say you should change it at recommended oil intervals. Im a repo man so I put alot of miles long idle times and tow cars with my truck. Just wondering what everyone else does or is doing. Tahnks and good morning...

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I do 5k intervals now, when the truck was stock i did 3k changes it by the oil change reminder.

·
1,224 Posts
I go 6k or slightly less. Thats because I get my oil and filter changed for free:happydance at my dealer every 6k. Rarely does my oil change light come on by then. If so the dealer will change it even a bit before 6k.

115,000 miles and still going.

·
73 Posts
Was just bored and thought up a question LOL!!!! How often do you guys change your oil?? Ive used Amsoil since the day I bought the truck and would change it every 10,000. Now they say you should change it at recommended oil intervals. Im a repo man so I put alot of miles long idle times and tow cars with my truck. Just wondering what everyone else does or is doing. Tahnks and good morning...
You guys been busier lately?

·
79 Posts
I change the oil in my 09 every 4k miles, with synthetic Rotela (The truck spends most of its time with a toy hauler or work trailer in tow). Its probably a little nurotic, but I worked at an oil shop for years and the oil just doesn't "feel" good after that. I guess i'd rather change the oil while it's still good, than wait till it's bad. Hopefully be able to extend that now that my truck is no longer sucking soot. I'm just about due for the first change after my egr system went MIA so we shall see.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I go 6k or slightly less. Thats because I get my oil and filter changed for free:happydance at my dealer every 6k. Rarely does my oil change light come on by then. If so the dealer will change it even a bit before 6k.

115,000 miles and still going.
Hey Mike I rolled 56k yesterday! :roflol:

·
1,224 Posts
Hey Mike I rolled 56k yesterday! :roflol:
Maybe I should park mine:roflol: for 2 years so you can catch up then I'll pass right on by you again:poke

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Maybe I should park mine:roflol: for 2 years so you can catch up then I'll pass right on by you again:poke

Nah, thats Ok Mike... Im ok with it....

·
79 Posts
First oil change after all the work.4k miles and it came out clean, no more ink. My 5.9 didn't never did that. I'm going to extend to 5k miles next time and see what happens. Thank you H&S.:rock

1 - 9 of 9 Posts