The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
990 Posts
aren't they both the same size? i just use a adjustable....

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I heard that in some case when using a adjustable wrench the caps break??? So if you use one dont get too rammy with it

I am going to do my fuel filter today or tomorrow, I don't have big metric sockets but I am going to see if Standard will be a close fit.

·
990 Posts
I heard that in some case when using a adjustable wrench the caps break??? So if you use one dont get too rammy with it

I am going to do my fuel filter today or tomorrow, I don't have big metric sockets but I am going to see if Standard will be a close fit.
i don't kill them tight :haha but i snug them up. they have a rubber o-ring so you don't have to tighten them that much. :thumbsup

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Ya I got a wrench for it, the standard size will fit. I will do them this week it seems fairly straight foward except some have problems getting it to run even after cycling.

Is there a proper order for doing the fuel filters? bottom one first then cycle it or Vice Versa? or jsut at the same time then leve the top one cracked till its full? or I aslo heard there is a Schrader valve to vent the air out also.

I am sure it's not hard just don't want to screw something up

·
990 Posts
top first then bottom. cycle key 5 or so times then start it might die after running for a few moments it might not, if it does. cycle key a few more times and try again. repeat process as necessary. this is how i do it and haven't had a problem yet.

Reactions: Hollywood
1 - 8 of 8 Posts