The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always use the MC #1995 oil filter in my 2002 F350 7.3 each oil change. In case I was unable to get this filter at WM or any other parts stores (not dealer) in my area, what other oil filter brands would be a safe bet in the $10-$15 range?:shrug:

·
4,024 Posts
I always use the MC 1995. It is avalible everywere I get mine at advance auto.

The IH fleetgaurd is avalible at you'er IH dealer
IMHO Baldwin makes a good filter too.

B

·
0 Posts
I personally use Fleetgaurd oil and fuel filters only on my truck. I get the oil for $9.30 and the fuel for right around $12.00. They can not be had except from a dealer is the only downside. Since MC is a factory part for you all, that is all good. I use Fleetguard because they are some of the best out there and what Cummins recommends.

Bill

·
1,627 Posts
Never use a fram, they are the cheapest of the cheap filters. Wish I could find the web page showing cut apart oil filters as you would never think about fram again.

K&N makes some good oil filters & the nut on the bottom of the filter is nice when it comes to changing them:smoke: :smoke: :smoke:

B

·
0 Posts
RampRat said:
Never use a fram, they are the cheapest of the cheap filters.
:agreed: :agreed: :agreed:

I won't even use a Fram on my Cub Cadet.:Thumbup:

Bill

·
1,921 Posts
I agree. Fram is crap! I use motorcraft or I was useing an Amsoil bypass for awile too. Just haven't put it back on since I built the engine. From what I hear Fleetguard makes very good filters too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I use the donaldson filters w/ the nanotechnology. Their air filters are superb and their oil filters are like wise on the cutting edge.

Here is a little bit of info on them http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/eabp.aspx

But would recommend buying them from Bob Riley because he sells his products at wholesale. Here at: dieselsite

Thanks to Bob selling wolesale I saved my annual membership and dropped it.....:Thumbup:

I know its not for everyone so this is just a FYI to share that there are other alternatives.....

C-man

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
RampRat said:
Never use a fram, they are the cheapest of the cheap filters. :agreed: :agreed: :agreed: I seen a fram filter come apart inside the tin can and cause a low oil pressure problem. i use mc -carqwest-napa all with good luck :Thumbup:

B

·
0 Posts
Not sure about who makes the Carquest. I do know the NAPA filters are made by Wix, which is owned by DANA.

Bill

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
I beleave the carqwest filters are made by wix :shrug: not sure but i have cut alot of them open and they are made right! havent had any issues with them. :Thumbup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
CarQuest

filters are made by Wix.

Any opinions on the Amsoil oil filters? I know they are pricey, but thought I'd give them a try. :thanks:

·
aka Stroked X
268 Posts
i use the K&N oil filter. it is easy to remove. it has a 1" nut on the bottom so to remove it all you need is a regular wrench, it cost me $10. the part number is HP-6001

Sukhi

·
0 Posts
Chinookman said:
I use the donaldson filters w/ the nanotechnology. Their air filters are superb and their oil filters are like wise on the cutting edge.

Here is a little bit of info on them http://www.amsoil.com/StoreFront/eabp.aspx

But would recommend buying them from Bob Riley because he sells his products at wholesale. Here at: dieselsite

Thanks to Bob selling wolesale I saved my annual membership and dropped it.....:Thumbup:

I know its not for everyone so this is just a FYI to share that there are other alternatives.....

C-man
You know...we have a site vendor that does the same thing. Give Don a call at Southern Ontario Synthetics. I just purchased 4 quarts of 75w-90 and 75w-140 Severe Gear differential fluid and got dealer pricing.

And Rampy...with regards to the Fram...for the AUTO filters...yes they use cardboard end caps. But for the Diesel application...they are all metal inside. I know. Checker had a sale 2 for $5...no restrictions. Got me 4 of 'em for $10. Cut one open and no cardboard to be found. Zip...zero...nada. I've been running them now and Blackstone has yet to say anything negative about my filtration.

Yes...there are horror stories for cars, motorcycles, etc...but I have yet to hear one on diesels.

But...for the same normal price of a Fram you could buy a Purolator...which I feel is a better filter. But..2 for $5 on Frams just couldn't be passed up. :woot:

·
Registered
140 Posts
AMSOIL sells the new line of filters. I was at the filter seminar and these are the BEST filters on the market. My prices are discounted as well and even more so because of the exchange rate. PM me for some prices.
http://www.amsoil.com/filtration/

·
Registered
140 Posts
AMSOIL has done something no one else has done. They got the OEM filter manufacters together to produce filters for AMSOIL with Donaldson's Nano Technology. They guy giving the seminar was a wealth of information. He said AMSOIL has all the manufacters present at an independant firm that does the testing of filters. From what I have seen and heard these will be the largest selection of filters from one manufacter available. Use what you want if your happy. All I'm saying is read up on the Nano Techno.
http://www.amsoil.com/filtration/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts