The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be changing my oil soon. I have looked at diesel filter online and they sell one for the 6.0 and 6.4. I was under the impression that the 6.0 and the 6.4 did not use the same oil fillter. Also looking at other places to get filters thank in advance for all of your ideas:usflag

·
499 Posts
they are both the same filters, check out dieselfiltersonline.com they have it all, you can always just buy the motorcraft filter at walmart for under 20 bucks.

Reactions: dwoz2012

·
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks what about the kinds of oil and at what milage are you all changing?

·
499 Posts
Rotella t just make sure its cj-4 rated, and i change it about every 5000 miles, i get everything at walmart, and then i change the fuel filters every other oil change, i change every 5k because of my 275 hp spartan tuner, but if your stock you could go longer.

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
I've been running Shell synthetic CJ-4 for about 6000 miles. Shell Rotella T Synthetic 5W-40 can also provide enhanced fuel economy versus conventional 15W-40 motor oils. At least that's what they say!!

·
606 Posts
Rotella dino

·
7 Posts
Shell Rottella T syn 5w-40

I've been running Shell synthetic CJ-4 for about 6000 miles. Shell Rotella T Synthetic 5W-40 can also provide enhanced fuel economy versus conventional 15W-40 motor oils. At least that's what they say!!
Hi all, When is it ok to start using SYN 5w-40 on the 6.4 at 10,000
miles ?
Pete

·
499 Posts
How much more is it to run the Rotella synthetic oil over the reg. rotella

·
773 Posts
Does anyone know if you can get filters for the 6.4 from International?

Rene

·
git-r-done
457 Posts
I am still running the conventional rotella. I probably won't turn to the synthetic until about 25,000 miles or more. This is because if an engine is switched to synthetic too soon it may never really break in to it's full potential. Some sources have told me that 10,000 is a good break in for these motors while others have sited 100,000. I don't get too many miles clocked on mine so I will shoot for about 25,000.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts