The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Docktor's Oarders!
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah sounds weird I know.... I just changed my oil again tonight for the 8th time. (40k miles) each time after changing the oil this problem has been getting worse.

When I fill the engine with new oil there is approx 1/2qt or more on the ground under the right side of the engine, and you can see wet fresh oil down the RH back corner of the engine and all over the starter. Of course the first few times I didnt give much thought to it, just figured I filled too quick and some oil snuck out that back side of the oil fill and down the back of the motor. So the last few times I have paid more attention to it, there is NO oil being spilled, I even filled the oil at a much slower pace tonight. So I finally dug around under there and there is fresh oil that seems to be coming right out of the lower rear corner of the RH valve cover. The side of the motor is coated pretty decently in oil.

I am going to take the truck to the dealer monday morning, just thought I would see if anyone has seen a similar problem, I ran through a general search for some keywords, but could not locate any related threads.

thanks in advance!

·
606 Posts
This would be the first rocker cover leak I have read about. Still under warranty?

·
Docktor's Oarders!
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not sure if its actually the cover, it looks as if it could be around the glow plug, the harness is also covered in oil.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts