The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got the fuel leak stopped as far as i can tell... now i noticed a nice puddel of oil under the truck... as far as i can tell it is eather the ebpv shaft comming out of the pedistal or the pedistal its self.... so what are my options? it is making a mess every time the truck is parked and the hole underside of the truck is oiled down. is their a rebuild kit for the ebpv rod?

Thanks
Stephen

PS this is on my 95 not my 99

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
also is there a way to just Gut the EBPV and rod from the pedistal?

·
4,090 Posts
I have heard of rebuild kits, but never looked for one.

If you remove the pedistal you can cut the rod to just the correct length so it can't move; but that's onerous. I would either get a replacement non-EBPV pedistal or weld the entire thing up so there's no way the rod can move.

prt

·
27 Posts
How much did it help your fuel mileage after you fixed your leak?
Mine is leaking and I was wondering if it is worth the trouble on having it fixed.
Thanks

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much did it help your fuel mileage after you fixed your leak?
Mine is leaking and I was wondering if it is worth the trouble on having it fixed.
Thanks
i dontk now yet.. since it is winter the truck idles alot so the accurate reading is going to be a few months. I know befor the fuel leak and before the new trans i was making 19 MPG almost 20 but as far as now i am only at 16-17 but like i said alot of idle time..

·
81 Posts
Check the fittings coming out of the high pressure oil pump where the oil lines go on with the engine running.The o-rings under the fittings deteriate and cause a leak.While looking for a leak at the line fittings,check the small screw in plug at the back of the HPOP for a leak as the o ring under this plug also deteriates.An o-ring repair kit is available from the dealer.

bronco1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts