The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my truck alittle over 4 weeks on my 3rd trans the stock one lasted 200 miles lost 2nd. I had Jasper send me one. I then had DP tuner make me a chip. 80,120,140. The frist trans shifed so so hard bang bang all the time. Did not matter if i put the truck back to stock or not? So i took that out and put in one more Jasper same thing over about 500 miles. 1-2 is good but 2-3 and OD just slams in. If i put the truck back to stock it does not matter. So WHAT TRANS to go with???? I have had enuff of this trans crap! The trans needs to hold up to DP tuners 140hp chip. and some towing.

Thank you Skydog P.S I have not even floored this truck more them 3 times in the 80HP mode!!!:shrug:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Good luck!!

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So who do you think i should go with??

·
2,509 Posts

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not yet, will tommorow just was thinking of trying to live with it. But i am just not happy! When i went on a fishing trip with my Dad he was like man is the trans ok? Long story short i said yea a looked the other way.

P.S. I dont have the Moster box they told me it would shift to hard for every day driving. HA HA Boy my stock Jasper is going to take my drivetrain out!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I use my Monster Box for everyday driving, it shifts hard but not like what your explaining. Did you remove the chip from the truck completely or just put it to stock? It might be worth a shot.

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just put it to stock, you might be right buddy! I will try that, the funney thing when it shifts 1st to 2nd it is nice just a real quick little bump. But 2nd to 3rd you feel the truck free spin for a split sec. then it bangs to the next gear. The frist trans from Jasper had that feeling in every shift, free spin then bang.

Thank you Skydog

·
Registered
50 Posts
Send a PM to RacerX, he can help you straighten things out.

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RacerX working on a $$$ right now!! :) :)

Jasper giving money back!!

Skydog (Matt)

·
1,726 Posts
skydog said:
RacerX working on a $$$ right now!! :) :)

Jasper giving money back!!

Skydog (Matt)
Did you ever pull the chip completely out of the truck and then drive it?

If there is an issue with the chip putting the chip in the "stock" possition will not eliminate the chip as the problem, it just eliminates the other files on the chip.

Pull the key out of the ignition and put it in your pocket. Pull the chip out of the PCM and then go drive the truck.

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I did, same thing buddy.

Thank you Skydog

·
strokin now cummin later!
1,116 Posts
i have the same problem. but i was told that the overlaying shift your having 2-3 is because of the torque converter. mine does it 1-2 and 3-4. 2-3 it hits hard like 5 time before it makes it to 3rd. i would go with suncoast thou. you can order on from ts for 2,800 plus 1,000 core charge. someone may have it cheaper thou. but thats the one im goin with.

·
382 Posts
i have been nothing but pleased with my bts it was money well spent.

·
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well guys RacerX is going to do her up for me!! I feel real good about this!! :) :) Now to get it packed and shipped!

Skydog

1 - 18 of 18 Posts