The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BODEY
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a new engine put in about 2000 miles ago.but at 1200 miles into the break in i found fuel in my coolant. so we sent the heads back to be gone through and fix the leaking injector cup.we checked the compression at this time and it was perfect 400psi all holes. than i put 800 more miles on it. it felt great on its own for thoughs 800 miles. i just hooked up to my 29' camper and headed over the pass to camp. as soon as i hooked up to the trailer my truck is a turd. it was hard to evan do 55mph on reletivly flat ground with eots of 200-220 tranny about 165-170. ambient temp 75*. i have never had eots like this i thought this was too hot untill i read some posts on here. this is the first time i had my fan come on at 218ish and i read on here thats normal. i did 45mph up the pass in 2nd gear.getting passed by other strokercampers left and right.there is a loud hissing noise the whole time its under load.ebpv stuck? my mechanic said i will need a new turbo soon. does this sound like a bad turbo, theres no smoke its just a loud dog. cooler boots are still on. wastgate ujusted wrong? i need help now. i have to go back over in 4 days and its steeper going back. good times:choppingwood:wave:help

·
BODEY
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WELL IM home, it ran great back home. a steeper grade and all, it did 55mph, a whole new truck.the only thing different was fuel, on the way over she had a belly full of bio fuel a mixter fuel from safeway, and on the way back reg fuel.anybody else seen this with bio fuels?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts