The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been humbled today by a denali gmc was at a light came up next to me I didn't think about it Just ate with the family!untill the guy floored it on green he beat me off the line and I caught up by 40mph but then I couldn't pull him any more just stayed with him! Had that haha look on his face pissed me off! Anyway I guess I need something next take in mind IT MUST be able to tow without throwing the egt's thru the roof I'm there now but after that I guess I need a bit more! But what Injectors? Seems the dv's give the stockers plenty would they make a difference? OR???:smoke

·
Super Moderator
3,190 Posts
EDM injectors burn cleaner, and make more power with lower EGT. Then it may still need a turbo.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got the s300 seems to pump the air real good!

·
Super Moderator
3,190 Posts
sorry sirrr, I missed that.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sirr i work for a living!!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Injectors would be good. Maybe a 2095 plug :shrug:

Delivery valves (especially LC's) give what I call dirty fuel. They smoke lots and make high EGTs but don't give much power.

You might need to upgrade that s300 to a 62

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I should use my stock Dv's "185" and put a set of injectors in?! What will that 2095 plug do?

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Plug lets the rack travel further

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Dual K20s said:
Injectors would be good. Maybe a 2095 plug :shrug:

Delivery valves (especially LC's) give what I call dirty fuel. They smoke lots and make high EGTs but don't give much power.

You might need to upgrade that s300 to a 62
then why do some use LC DVs if they dont produce any more power?

Garrett

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I'm no expert, and I don't have a lot of experience so take my opinion as just that, an opinion.

The more I learn about these trucks the less I believe delivery valves larger than 181's give much power. The definitely deliver more CC's of fuel, theres no doubt about it. But in reading about them I don't think they provide the fuel at the right time. I don't think the EGT's and smoke from them is worth any power gains they provide. They sure are fun though :smoke

DV's remove a predetermined volume of fuel from the line upon closing. This is designed to quickly drop the pressure in the injection line. This cleanly closes the needle in the nozzle and avoids bounce or reopening of the needle after injection is supposed to be finished.
By removing the shoulder and creating laser cuts, when the valve tries to snap shut it won't create a slightly lower pressure in the injection line and fuel may be pushed past the vale and either make a slow end to the injection. Like when you turn the garden hose off with a regular knob valve and the pressure slowly drops until there is none. Compared to using a 1/4 turn valve when you turn the water immediately stops in a instant. The inter-workings of the injectors help to eliminate some of this but I don't think its enough or bosch wouldn't have designed they delivery valves the way they did.

If you used an oversized dv's and holders I could definitely see how they would provide more fuel.

Again I'm still kind of a newby to this stuff and I'm still learning. If some one knows more, feel free to correct me, I'd love to get this figured out

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tend to go with what you said the Dv's dump alot of fuel make alot of smoke and raise egt's but the power is just not there and the MPG is a joke so I hope someone can demystify these things as for me my stockers are going back in and I'll be looking for injectors of some sort! Anybody want to buy a set of Dv's they are scheid lazer cuts not as radical as mikey's I ran those too! But these do smoke I just love smoking slow drivers or jerks they dissappear in a wall of smoke!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Heres some pictures of DV's In the attached picutres are 131's on the left, 191's on the right.

And in this picture is some that have been machined to be like LC's. Notice how the shoulder has been removed.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
When I ran those scheid lazer cuts, s300 type charger, I was runnin 5x.016 injectors and it made good power but hazed until operating temp I preferred 191's due to smoke. But 191's and 5x.016 was a relatively clean runnin setup that was very street friendly.

I tend to disagree with a previous statement that after 181s threres not power to be made. After runnin quite a few setups I dont find that true. If you have the air then keep puttin fuel on the fire. But your partially right runnin a s300g,hx 35,etc etc you just cant get the air to burn more fuel. Just my 2 pennies though.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Someone want to explain those injector #'s?? Any type that is recommended for power and not smoke?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
They are the # of holes by the hole size. Stock 160 hp injectors are 5?x.0090 175 & 180 hps are x.0095, and stock 215's are x.0105"

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
No opinions? :shrug:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Guess not but I know I'm taking the lazer cut DV's out! Dropped my MPG to 10 and thats on the freeway! In town its like 5! I hope injectors don't do that! I want some more usable power but don't want to lose the 20mpg! I must be close to 400 hp with the mods I got I may just be happy with that!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Well dang! I was hoping someone would prove me wrong, or atleast argue more so we could learn something

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Well, for the sake of argument and learning, I still run the stockers but Im curious as to what they do exactly. Just let more fuel in? Put it in at a better time? How will it affect the mileage? EGT's? Smoke? How much power do they add? I cant think of anything else right now.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As far as i could tell they let more fuel in all the time I tryed driving like grandpa and still got only 10MPG! The smoke is thick and there is power there but I don't know how much more??! It's not usable power EGT's go thru the roof pretty quick and that's with a upgraded turbo!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts