The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello and good morning, my name is JD and I am in Bloomington Indiana. About 18 months back I got a smoking deal on a 96 Cummins 2500. I bought the truck as our DD and replaced anything that failed back to stock. Fast forward to today and it is still stock, BUT my wife now has her own small vehicle and has given me the freedom to perform any modifications that I wish ( as long as they don't break us lol). I have recently purchased the KDP kit and 4 gauges from Hewitt Industries and a gauge pod for the A Pillar. Once those are installed I will concentrate on saving for the transmission modifications that are needed to hold more than stock H.P. I am new to this world and had no idea of what I was getting when I shelled out the change for this truck. I have lots of questions so I have scoured forums for the last few months trying to find answers and today found this one. I know I will have "stupid" questions but I want to learn. Please be patient as I'm a Chef not a mechanic lol. Sorry for the long winded intro but that's my introduction. I look forward to picking brains so my project gets built correctly. OH.. last thing, the 96 2500 frame is garbage.. rusted pretty bad. I have an 02 1500 that I am contemplating putting the 12 valve in but have read a lot of discouragement when it comes to this.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts