The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been talking to Industrial Injection about the upgraded turbos and I'm gonna pull the trigger as soon as I get the call back. If I can swing it I'll do the upgraded fuel pump, lift pump egr delete. He told me I have to stud the heads so I have to get them no matter what. Actually I'm gonna do the egr delete no matter what as well. Should be fun once it's all on and running good. Then it's time to save some money for tranny upgrades.

Hopefully all goes according to plan:thumbsup Nothing is set in concrete but damn close:D

·
1,077 Posts
How big of turbos are you going with and what kind of setup?

·
606 Posts
Maybe a before and after 1/4 mile or dyno runs?

·
1,581 Posts
What are you going to do with your stock turbos?

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How big of turbos are you going with and what kind of setup?
I was told they are upgraded rotating assemblies in stock housings. They were showcasing them at TS. I never got the wheel specs but I was told the 7 trucks that have them already responded real well to them. I don't know if they are better then Elites, I just know they cost more:haha I was told head studs are a must. I really hope they sound better then the wooosh sound we all have now:haha

I've only had my truck on a dyno once when it was still a fresh motor and I put down 453hp and 945ft/lbs with the 275v2 but the dyno wasn't loaded enough and is only good for 500hp anyway. There are more then enough of us on here that have been on a dyno to get a good estimate of the before numbers. As far as the track, I think it's pointless until I get some stickies and caltracs(getting ordered tomorrow morning) on the back. I was playing around with the dashdaq and got 14.8 sec in a 1/4. That was with zero boost at the start.

·
1,581 Posts
I haven't been told if they want the cores or what. I would assume so but I'm waiting for the call back.
I didn't realize you were getting upgraded (stock) turbos, yea, they'll probably want them for cores.

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i would do tranny first considering that they cant hold ALL the power that a tune is capable of making :thumbsup
Thanks for the input:thumbsup I'm not real satisfied with any of the tranny options out right now. I really thought about tranny first for quite some time. Honestly........... I'm hoping NADP makes a 5R110 from behind a 6.4 soon instead of trying to sell me one designed for a 6.0. They are so close to me if something goes wrong and my buddy is a dealer for them. So far I'm leaning towards Sun Coast but......................................... If my tranny seems to respond poorly to the power I'll take care of it asap. But I need more power in the worst way, diesel power is my crack:haha This little 275 tune barely satisfies me.......... honestly. Nothing against Spartan at all(I think the tune is great), I just need more power:thumbsup

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
If you got the money the go for it. Nothin but support coming from us.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Ya make sure you get it all done before you come this way!!! Sounds like it should rip when its done!!

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
Thanks for the input:thumbsup I'm not real satisfied with any of the tranny options out right now. I really thought about tranny first for quite some time. Honestly........... I'm hoping NADP makes a 5R110 from behind a 6.4 soon instead of trying to sell me one designed for a 6.0. They are so close to me if something goes wrong and my buddy is a dealer for them. So far I'm leaning towards Sun Coast but......................................... If my tranny seems to respond poorly to the power I'll take care of it asap. But I need more power in the worst way, diesel power is my crack:haha This little 275 tune barely satisfies me.......... honestly. Nothing against Spartan at all(I think the tune is great), I just need more power:thumbsup
i became the same way. :haha it frikin sucks the money rite out of ya :haha

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
The only real difference I can tell is the Intermediate shaft?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Their turbos are very nice. After walking thru their shop and seeing the quality of work I wouldnt buy a turbo they didnt do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts