The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the benefit of the different mph for the convertor to lock up

im lookin for gas mileage but also will be pulling a trailer occasionally with two motorcycles in it....

whats more beneficial for what im looking for? want the trans to last obviously...

so whats best mph to have it lock up?

its a h&s tuner

·
Super *********
305 Posts
When the Tranny Locks it allows the engine torque to flow seamlessly to the wheels when not locked it is lost in slip! Better power and econ when locaked as long as the engine can deliver the power needed. With a tuner this is rarely a problem. Mine locks early i am guessing 40

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
When the Tranny Locks it allows the engine torque to flow seamlessly to the wheels when not locked it is lost in slip! Better power and econ when locaked as long as the engine can deliver the power needed. With a tuner this is rarely a problem. Mine locks early i am guessing 40
Unless you have 4.10 or lower gears, you should be seeing lock-up around 45 mph with the race tunes.

·
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
3.73 locks at 50 mph-still mild and firm shift and what a diff. hoping for some dry roads than turn it up

Thanks for the info.

·
143 Posts
I'm running Spartan w/ 3.73 & I wish I could get lock up to be sooner. Mine locks at 50 mph. Can I achieve this with just a adjustment or is it more complicated?

·
143 Posts
I'm running Spartan w/ 3.73 & I wish I could get lock up to be sooner. Mine locks at 50 mph. Can I achieve this with just a adjustment or is it more complicated?

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
When we release our upcoming update, the 250 tune will have enhanced lock-up. It will early lock at 45 MPH and stayed locked. If you have a basic level 1 license, the 210 tow locks up at 45 mph. All of the other tunes lock up just like the truck did stock.

·
143 Posts
Jeff, thanks for the reply. I do have the basic level 1. I run the 210 daily. Will there be a charge for this update to me & how will I know when you have released it? Thanks again...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts