The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you were in the market to buy a used Duramax what would be the best year and motor code to get and why. Thanks.

·
49 Posts
I would say it depends on what you wanted to do with the truck in the long run but I would say '06-'07 LBZ.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
X2.

The '06-'07 LBZ is the sort of "pinnacle" of the pre-DPF DMAX. You get the most HP/TQ and most up to date, feature loaded truck.

I'd still take a DPF '07.5 and up. They are proving to be great trucks.

I will not buy another new pickup truck until it has an available factory exhaust brake.

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
I'll agree with Duke. Given the choice I'd get the 06 to Early 07 or "the classic".

Although I have an 07.5, the new body style and even with the dpf still intact I get a solid 18+ running back and forth to work on rural roads.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
X4 on the 06-07 "classic" style trucks... just balls out power, and no dpf, plus the truck is still pretty , and the price is lower than the new style too.. LOL

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
X4 on the 06-07 "classic" style trucks... just balls out power, and no dpf, plus the truck is still pretty , and the price is lower than the new style too.. LOL
:whs :whs

If I ever buy another Duramax, it will be an LBZ.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feed back. I just bought a 07 crew cab short bed 4x4. 1 owner 70+ couple 52000mi like new ran car fax & friend works for Chevy and ran vin # came back clean.

·
49 Posts
Sweet, you will have to get some pics up

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Congrats. You'll love it. I left Ford 2 years ago for GM and I am much happier.

I really want a '06-'07 crewcab dually as 2nd truck. Wayne's truck makes me sick with envy, but not enough money coming to buy crap right now! :(

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
good deal, i hope you enjoy your new rig, they are an awesome truck, i know i love mine :thumbsup

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
:happymugs congrats on your new truck

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
i would personally hate to have a dually, but i also have no reason to get one, if i was towing heavy loads constantly then i might consider it, but as of now my SB CC SRW is the way i like it, i can still park it LOL :thumbsup

1 - 18 of 18 Posts