The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who do yall recommend as far as aftermarket injectors go?...mine are in need of replacement so I figured why not upgrade?

·
Registered
790 Posts
Stage 2 single shots from Beans Diesel would be a nice upgrade. Alot of people are also going with new alliant AC single shots, they are equivelent to a stage 1 injector- bean can also get these for you.

·
6,337 Posts
Elite Diesel... Has both single shot and split shot injectors...

·
Registered
274 Posts
You'll want some kind of hybrid setup with stock oil.

·
Registered
790 Posts
stage 1 and 2 single shots work just fine with stock hpop ;).

·
Destroked
1,658 Posts
My Stage 2's from Casserly along with my Dominator 66 from Bean should be here by the weekend....I'll tell you how I get along with stock HPOP....:evil:

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you are paying for new injectors I wouldn't spend the money on a set of ACs. My ACs dynoed 20HP and 40FT/LBS over what my stock ADs did. If you have an early '99 with ABs you may gain a little more over stock. Go to something with a larger nozzle atleast, if I had bought my ACs new I would be dissapointed right now. People are running those 2s from Bean that Luke recomended and making 400+HP.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
KRP said:
If you are paying for new injectors I wouldn't spend the money on a set of ACs. My ACs dynoed 20HP and 40FT/LBS over what my stock ADs did. If you have an early '99 with ABs you may gain a little more over stock. Go to something with a larger nozzle atleast, if I had bought my ACs new I would be dissapointed right now. People are running those 2s from Bean that Luke recomended and making 400+HP.

I agree. You have a 99 with forged rods. You can do a good sized injector and not worry about it.
Stage 2's would be a good choice in consideration for the other supporting mods involved. Otherwise a set of Mini Me's or otherwise 530 Hybrids would be a good choice too. You would need a turbo and fuel system to really do it right with them though.
I'd go with the 2's and Big Oil if I had a forged rod engine.

·
RV Dealer Parts Guy
63 Posts
I put some stage 1 single shots in which I got from Bean's. With the 80 hp Econo program on my PCM from DP-Tuner, I'm putting out more power than my HPOP and early 99 turbo can stand. I'm getting a SES light when I get on it, it's an ICP low pressure code. I also have to watch my EGT's also, I'll get past 1300* if I ain't paying attention.

But aside from those little gltches, it's running like a raped ape. I don't have a dyno or 1/4 mile around here, so I don't know how it'll rate under those criteria. But it is doing the 0 to 60 in about 7.5 seconds, and that with my "bigger around than factory" 285/75R16 tires. If I had standard 265's on, my 0 to 60 would be more like 7.0 seconds or less.

My next "upgrades" will be a 99.5 and later HPOP. They're supposed to have something like 20% more out put than an early 99 HPOP, or something to that extent. Also I'm considering a High Tech/ Big Bad Woof turbo, but I also will have to change the up pipes, pedestal, plenum etc. I'm also pondering a better intercooler, but that's more down the road than the other things I've already mentioned.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
we just did a set of stage 2 single shots and some custom tuning on a late 99, the truck has a upgraded turbo housing and i also did a AFE stage 2 but that is about it, the truck runs GREAT i would guess about 400hp, not to shabby
robert

·
6,337 Posts
Its all about the programing as to if you need big oil.... I have yet to get a Hpo light... Just got to have a good programer... :poke:

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
How can you tell what injectors you are running????? I would guess mine are stock but how can you tell?

·
6,337 Posts
You will 99% sure have stockers... The only way to tell is to pull the valve covers... You should have AD's... about 140cc's split shots... Most big after market sticks are single shots that you need a Chip to run... No chip= stock injectors about 90% of the time.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #71
1,288 Posts
I would like to get a chip down the raod, but not sure of what to get, I see alot of you guys are running the Dp tuner, is this the best for the 7.3L? Do you suggest the ITP regulated fuel mod for a mod?

·
6,337 Posts
Dennis at ITP puts alot of good stuff together and it is very complete! I will most likly build mine myself but that is my choise. Jody at DP is great, There are two that I recomend HANDS DOWN, (#1)Tadd at Elite Diesel and (#2)Jody at DP tuner...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts