The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curios I have 00 7.3 and want dp tuner to get rid of edge juice with attitude what size exhaust would be better 4 or 5
from where? and where to get a good intake? thanks

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
A 4" turbo back and AFE Stage 2
Call up some of the sponsors and ask for a package deal

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
depends on how much hp you plan on. if just a new intake, chip, exhaust, then def. 4". MBRP is good exhaust. an intake would be an afe, k&n, something allong those lines. look for some package deals, you should be able to get an exhaust and intake for cheaper than buying them seperate. look for some dealers on here.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
has anyone tried the 5 inch kit from jegs? as far as the horsepower goes is there really ever enough?lol would love to get close to 1000 foot pounds of
trq then horsepower comes so suggestions on possible combos people here have tried would be greatly appreciated thanks

·
Registered
160 Posts
if you wont 1000ft lbs then you u will need intake, exaust, some custom chip, injectors, maybe turbo, and some tranny work, good set of gauges.

·
6,337 Posts
4" exhaust is all you will ever need. AFE stage 2 is the best intake for the truck. Eilte Diesel or DP tuner for your chip. A BTS valve body to help the tranny a bit and of course GAUGES...

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
CSIPSD said:
4" exhaust is all you will ever need. AFE stage 2 is the best intake for the truck. Eilte Diesel or DP tuner for your chip. A BTS valve body to help the tranny a bit and of course GAUGES...
:stupid:

4" is all you will need unless you go extreem, then just put a fat stack out of the hood :evil:

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
the only reason you will need 5" exhaust is if your pussing over like 500 hp.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so would 5 inch be more for sound?
would it hurt power #s I like the sound from trucks with 6 stacks just trying to make my truck sound close to that cant put stacks because of cover

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
StrokinSnyd said:
the only reason you will need 5" exhaust is if your pussing over like 500 hp.

I wish I could **** out 500hp :sly:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
locomotion do you have pictures of your intake?

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
hey, sorry not replied. if you put on a 5" ehaust and your not getting near the 500 hp rang then yeah it can hurt your hp #'s

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Read my sig. Good, cheap setup:Thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts