The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to order a new body and I am looking for feedback on quality of beds. I currently have a couple of Knaphiedes and I am now looking at the Rawson Koenig bed. I like how it is a little taller and it will be reinforced for a 3200 lb crane. One local company is trying real hard to push me toward a Omaha bed but I have had no experience with them. I need this to be strong and live for a long time. It will be going on a 03 F350DRW and will be an 8 foot bed. Not a cad and chassis so beds like the Autocrane and Maintainer are out. Also if anyone has any crane experience. I currently have Stellar with no troubles but I like the lowness and lightweight of the new Autocrane. Have heard that the Autocrane had gone through a spell with bad soleniods but have been getting better. Thanks JJ

·
Registered
16 Posts
C'mon go on get u one. I have had fuse problem with my Auto Crane. I thought it was a solinoid problem lol.

·
3,754 Posts
Our reads hold up pretty nice

·
26 tires rolling
929 Posts
For a crane bed. You cant go wrong with the auto crane. IMT makes a good one too. The Omaha bed we had was a total pos, but it was a flatbed so I don't know anything about their utility body's.

·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. Yea I would love to go with an Auto Crane bed but this is going to go on a pu chassis. Not a cab and chassis which is a different setup. They do not have a 8 foot bed = P/U bed, only a 9 foot which is C&C.JJ

·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Little update on this. Found a nice lightly used Rawson bed. Best part is that it is already a crane bed. They also have a crane that they said they might be interested in selling separate. I am supposed to find out tomorrow!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts