The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im ordering an airdogg to nite and cant deside witch one to go with. 100 or 150 its the same price but i dont really plain on making past 500hp so will it hurt if i the vp44 if i get the 150 since i will not be making hugh hp? just dont know, any help would be great!

·
1,189 Posts
go 150 the power bug gets you fast!

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
go 150, im pretty sure the AirDog is like the Raptor in that you can regulate pressure on the pump to what you want it at...

Nate

·
4,827 Posts
As long as the pressure isn't really over 15psi, the 150 can be used. Just bought mine today from Sasquatch. :D Just need to get a few fittings, since I have to make other changes, due to a aux fuel tank.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
As long as the pressure isn't really over 15psi, the 150 can be used. Just bought mine today from Sasquatch. :D Just need to get a few fittings, since I have to make other changes, due to a aux fuel tank.
VP Pressure is fine up to 30psi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea i went with the 150. should be here next week. shipping is slow in colorado. So this might sound like a stupid question but what happens if the vp gets more then 20psi?:poke

·
237 Posts
Something about an internal diaphram, it can tear it up.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Get the Airdog 150 since its the same price as the 100 and the 150 replace the factory draw tube.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
AirDog 150 is sweet... You'll love the pump...

·
90 Posts
What are the HP Levels for the 100 and 150 Airdogs? I can't remember and I'm having a heck of a time searching for it!

·
4,827 Posts
AirDog 150 is sweet... You'll love the pump...
I like how you have it mounted. Gets it up higher. Using their mounting plates, I'll have to make a guard so corn stalks won't damage anything driving through the field.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
I like how you have it mounted. Gets it up higher. Using their mounting plates, I'll have to make a guard so corn stalks won't damage anything driving through the field.
Mine is forward enough that the skid plate covers the bottom of the filters. So like in your case corn stalks I've got tree limbs and rocks.

As I wonder around looking for firewood...

Or as a I work with the local fire dept...:D

Yes I considered the placment of the pump carefully. If I got to change filters I got to drop the skid plate below it on the rear bolts to gain enough clearance to remove the filters.

A little secret no one knows about I got the upgraded flat bracket to and had change to it because the the on in the picture broke. But with the filter flat against the frame the filter were no long protected as well and were being beat up by road gravel and rocks... So I changed back to the first bracket beefed up the welding on it and went back to the one in the pic above...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts