The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After i order my truck how long does it take to get??

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
didnt look yet.. i just test drove a 6.7... pretty nice truck.. to quiet.. but that all can change..

·
Registered
48 Posts
I ordered mine Dec 31, 2007 and still waiting. :shrug: The dealer said 4-8 weeks and it looks like it could be longer. They also say they have no idea when my truck will arrive! They are kidding right? How can they not know where a 55K truck is located!! I have the VIN# is there anyway to get info on my truck and bypass the idiot dealer?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
crazyhass84 said:
I ordered mine Dec 31, 2007 and still waiting. :shrug: The dealer said 4-8 weeks and it looks like it could be longer. They also say they have no idea when my truck will arrive! They are kidding right? How can they not know where a 55K truck is located!! I have the VIN# is there anyway to get info on my truck and bypass the idiot dealer?

Thanks
I would tell them, "Find my truck and find it now or my *** is walking out that door to another dealership that can get me what I want."

Good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Waiting patiently

I just ordered my new 6.7 this week and was told it would be 6-8 weeks. I hope they don't shut down the Mexican border at that time or my truck will not make it here. Might have to get an American made Toyota Tundra. I hope your wait is a short one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mlhaynes8302 said:
I would tell them, "Find my truck and find it now or my *** is walking out that door to another dealership that can get me what I want."

Good luck!

Oh I have strong armed them but they have my $500 deposit. Plus, with 14K off sticker and $1000 in options it is hard to walk away.
The good news is my loan rate went down .5% while I have been waiting.

Anybody have a contact that can look up VIN#?

thanks

·
Registered
52 Posts
being able to look up the vin would not help you. It will not you anything but the info on the truck options and such, it will not tell you whether it is at the rail yard or on the yard at the plant. Or on the transporter from the rail yard. You should not be that far off if you have a vin# that means it has been built. where are you located? the last dodge I ordered took 10 weeks. I am on the gulf coast.

·
Registered
48 Posts
12vbowtie2 said:
being able to look up the vin would not help you. It will not you anything but the info on the truck options and such, it will not tell you whether it is at the rail yard or on the yard at the plant. Or on the transporter from the rail yard. You should not be that far off if you have a vin# that means it has been built. where are you located? the last dodge I ordered took 10 weeks. I am on the gulf coast.
Thanks. I was hoping to use the VIN like a tracking # since the dealer is an idiot. I am located in Peoria IL and baught the truck in Kokomo,IN. Chrysler shut down some plants for a month and the dealer is using that to explain the delay. Surely someone knows where the truck is! I just can't believe they are so caviler about not having a location for the truck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am not sure why all of you are waiting for your new 6.7 I just bought one here in Texas and I only waited four days!! I had the dealership find it at a different lot up north (in Texas) I love it, great truck........

·
Registered
48 Posts
Nacho said:
I am not sure why all of you are waiting for your new 6.7 I just bought one here in Texas and I only waited four days!! I had the dealership find it at a different lot up north (in Texas) I love it, great truck........
Well the availability of MC laramie's is much less then the QC. With the laramie's the dealer orders one with 49K MSRP or ones for $58K. With the options I wanted mine was 54K. I had several dealers look 750 miles and could not find my truck. Getting the bucket seats with/OUT rear dvd or Nav was impossible. I got a better deal ordering one then getting one off the lot with 5k in options I don't need or want. 1200 for rear DVD and 1800 for Nav sys. is the biggest wast of money especially when neither one is any good. these trucks are already over priced so I am not going to pay for anything I don't have to.

Oh ya mine is on a rail car out of Mexico or so the dealer tells me.

·
Registered
48 Posts
crazyhass84 said:
Well the availability of MC laramie's is much less then the QC. With the laramie's the dealer orders one with 49K MSRP or ones for $58K. With the options I wanted mine was 54K. I had several dealers look 750 miles and could not find my truck. Getting the bucket seats with/OUT rear dvd or Nav was impossible. I got a better deal ordering one then getting one off the lot with 5k in options I don't need or want. 1200 for rear DVD and 1800 for Nav sys. is the biggest wast of money especially when neither one is any good. these trucks are already over priced so I am not going to pay for anything I don't have to.

Oh ya mine is on a rail car out of Mexico or so the dealer tells me.
Truck arrived today. So 10 weeks.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm ordering a regular cab SLT with a few bells and whistles, mostly reg cabs are basic, so need to special order what I want. I was told 6-8 weeks (Dave Smith Motors).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I ordered mine on 1/15. It is on a ship to the Port of Baltimore now, should be at my dealer 3/16. So basically 8-9 weeks for delivery.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am going to order my Mega Mon, and scared as hell with that new smog crap. Oh well hopefully they have most of the bugs out!:shrug:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts