The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Just wondering if I've crossed a line or not done something I was supposed to do as I've started a couple of threads that have had some views, but not a single reply. I have no doubt that the knowledge that I am seeking is here in this forum as I have learned a great deal from the threads that I've read and most here seem very knowledgeable. But for some reason, I haven't been able to solicite any info. I don't mean to sound butthurt or whiny. My concern is that I may have done something against the "code" or "rules" of this site to have me shunned. I am a newby to forums in general, this one being one of the first few I've joined, so I may have crossed a line without realizing it. If I have, I am sincerely sorry and would hope that someone would at least point that out to me. I would also be very appreciative if someone would explain the point thing to me, as I am absolutely clueless as to what thats all about. Thank you.

·
Banned
6,478 Posts
Na I think your doing just fine by looking at your post. Don't get yourself worked up about nothing. This place is pretty straight forward. If ya done something wrong someone would give ya a heads up. So I think your sitting good.

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
I think your posts are fine. The age of your truck/engine is the issue.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aaahh come on guys, don't tell me my truck is too old...I'll get self conscious (lmao). Seriously, Thank you all for your reassurances. I wasn't upset or anything of the such...I just wanted to take advantage of some diesel gearheads (LOL), and didn't figure I'd be able to if I'd ticked you guys off. Ya see, and this is one of the reasons I have these old trucks, I've not had to do much outside of maintenance on my '82 in the 10 years I've owned it. Now I've worked on cars and trucks for a living for the last 18 yrs (here comes another reason for why I have old trucks) and have worked on most every diesel truck represented in this forum. Which means, I've also seen the MONSTER repair bills associated. I'd never had to do anything major on a truck like mine (engine related), so compared to what I know about these newer ones here, I'm stupid on mine. Mind you, its not my intent to knock or bash these newer trucks (there are things I really like about some of them), however, I can't bring myself to part with the kind of capital those things require to keep'm go'n. Thanks again all.

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
wastedwagesracing said:
I should add what ever you do.

DO NOT follow my lead or you will be the outcast along with me. LOL LOL

Now that is some advise money can't buy.....
Darn, I listened too late....c'mon Doug, let's go raise some more he!l!!!!

·
SeaPig
241 Posts
You have an '84 Duelly?
Come on man!!! That baby is a MAJOR classic:sly:
Welcome and keep those posts going here.
~Mike~:usflag

·
6,337 Posts
Yup, not many 6.2 guys on here... I would love to pick up a blazer with one in it, but as far as knowing a damn thing about them... I am in the dark.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i couldnt get a reply to my question about valve lash settings. and only had 1 or 2 other replies to questions. it seems that you have to read the threads and find someone that seems to have the knolledge you seek and introduce your self. just done that this week myself. hey my crap is old too so dont sweat it . if nuke goes off they will be sitting on the side of the road while we go driving past them. ;-) not to mention the emp blasts from law enforcement. we can replace alternators real cheep where as they will pay a fortune to replace their electronics

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
Heck, I know 2 people who have 6.2's, actually saw em both last night.

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
They are friends of a friend, so I dont run into them very often, though I can get ahold of one, though his is currently broke down IIRC. The other's is a Jimmy, and its not his DD, its just his off road adventure mobile.

Ill see what I can do, though may take some time...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had a truck with a 6.2 diesel..... I blew it up. We put a 383 stroker in it instead.

I know that wasn't helpful, I'm sorry. The most helpful thing I can say on this post is to use the search function. It could be that the questions you are asking have been answered previously.

Just below where it says Welcome: so and so and the business about private messages and what not there is a button that says search. It's like google just for the forum.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts