The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed a bullydog tripple dog with outlook on my freinds 03 6.0 and the egt's are reading extremely high even when the power level is in stock mode. I called bullydog and they said to send it back to them so they could update it, but that didn't seem to make a difference. Any replies would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

·
23 Posts
A couple of months ago I talked to a vendor who said they were pulling the BullyDog products off their site b/c too many people were having problems with them. Not sure if they ever got it worked out and what the problems were. Just my .02$.LOL

·
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
Several vendors of programmers buy their EGT probes from the same manufacturer, maybe through different wholesaler but the same manufacturer. I got several probes that were just plain bad. I would check with isspro to see what a new probe would cost, or what kind of ohms should be read on a probe. I had the test procedures at one time but can't find them now. Isspro is a supporting vendor I think, or you could pm [email protected]

LargeCar:usflag :mafia :usflag

F

·
0 Posts
Let us know how hot it was reading, that may help a bit. I have heard more than several people say they are getting false readings with the Outlook.

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
i have had the outlook for almost 2 years now and my EGTs have always been accurate. I am actually watching my EGTs in both manifolds now and they seem to be right in check w/ each other.

·
342 Posts
There are four ways that the EGT temps will be out of whack.

1. The installer trimmed the excess wire out of the system. The sensor wiring is a measured loop so any wire removal will effect the reading.
2. The sensor lead is grounded. This can occur with a bad sensor also.
3. The wiring from the monitor pig tail has been pulled from the back of the monitor. Sometimes they can even get crossed if handled improperly.
4. A bad Outlook Monitor will usually have a blank screen or lines across the screen. It normally won't just effect one setting.

Hope that helps! :popcorn:

·
23 Posts
Just so I make sure I was clear, they were having problems with new units not the old ones. It might have been just a simple problem like what LargeCar was saying about bad batch of probes. I would check with several different vendors (not mfg) to see if anyone else is having problems like urs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts