·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a over size banjo bolt for a 24v:shrug:

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
The banjo bolts in the fuel system are drilled out oversized to allow more fuel to pass through.

·
3,514 Posts
go with a big fuel line kit that just dumps straight into the VP and gets rid of the banjo bolt all together. A lot more fuel and a much better way to go IMO.
Sean

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
sstockton said:
go with a big fuel line kit that just dumps straight into the VP and gets rid of the banjo bolt all together. A lot more fuel and a much better way to go IMO.
Sean
:whs That is the kit I went with. There is no comparison.

·
274 Posts
I don't mean to steal the thread but how would you tie in the an edge fuel pressure sensor if you did that and who makes a kit like that.

·
Registered
311 Posts
bad_cummins,

You'd have to get some fitting to plumb in a 1/8th NPT fitting is all, no big deal. We sell the Vulcan big line kits, call our office and ask for Jason he's done some installs and can help you out.

Mark @ DPPI

·
3,514 Posts
yeah you can just put a T in the line and run 1/8in NPT like Mark said. Its easy thats what I did for my FASS.
Sean

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah but what if i just put that in my truck with nothig else will it hurt the engine or the pump 98 cummins 24v dooly 4x4

·
3,514 Posts
Just doing a big line kit won't hurt your truck, anything you can do to make it easier for your lift pump to move fuel will help. I would definitely do a big line kit over the drilled out banjo bolt kit, but the banjos aren't gonna hurt your truck either.
Sean

·
232 Posts
what size drill bit and how much for the big line kit:shrug:

·
3,514 Posts
I don't know the website for the vulcan big fuel line kits, but this one is similar only from Glacier Diesel Performance.
http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/product.asp?pf_id=9852MAX
The nice thing about these kits is that if you want a different lift pump down the road or an auxillary lift pump mounted on the frame rail, you can just splice one into the fuel line.

As far as drilled banjo bolts GDP also sells those. here is the link to that page.
http://www.glacierdieselpower.com/product.asp?pf_id=3400HFB

Hope this helps.
Sean

·
Registered
5 Posts
Cicked on the link to GDP and there it was, the fuel system I bin lookin for (I think).That Walbro is a positive displacement pump isnt it?

·
3,514 Posts
I think so. I don't know a whole lot of specs on the walbro. But from what I hear it is a really great system. My one complaint about their complete fuel system is that it is a bunch of seperate peices. Other than that I think it is most likely a great system and I'm sure you could make a bracket to tidy things up a bit.
Sean

1 - 13 of 13 Posts