The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what this code is. My truck has been hard starting latley do to a cracked fuel diaphram but i haven't had time to fix it.:damnit So now my truck threw this code, just wondering what it is. Thanks

·
3,514 Posts
I believe that is a vehicle speed sensor code, not 100% sure though.
Sean

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
I just threw a p0500 a couple days ago when I took off the comp to send it in for an upgrade. It is a Veh. speed sensor code. I took the truck to Advance and had them pull the codes then clear them. The 0500 went away and I got a 0216 and 0237 along with the 1693. Ouch. It's not looking good for the vp44.

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speed sensor, wouldn't that mess with my speedometer? My speedometer seems to be workin fine.

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
It can affect the speedometer but not always. It can also affect shift points and fueling to the truck without any visible problems with the speedo. It is supposed to be a pretty easy code to clear. Clean your vss connection and make sure it is connected completely. Then go have the codes cleared.

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vss is that vehicle speed sensor, where is that located and where can i have the code cleared

1 - 6 of 6 Posts