The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of any company that sells a complete kit to do a swap from a vp-44 to a P-7100, and if you do know could I get a link or a price. Thanks for all the help guys :Thumbup:

·
Formerly CursedtoFirst45
1,225 Posts
Bone stock 99 said:
does anyone know of any company that sells a complete kit to do a swap from a vp-44 to a P-7100, and if you do know could I get a link or a price. Thanks for all the help guys :Thumbup:
scheiddiesel.com has a complete kit i believe for a conversion minus the pump. The p7100 injection pump can be bought from any number of places including scheid but their 215 p-pump is a bit pricey. A total cost of about $4500 which includes everything u need to put it together but obviously doesnt include labor, minor parts, and you will also need a new lift pump/supply pump.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
you would be better off buying a 12v engine and taking off the parts you need off of it then keeping the engine for a spare or to build up

·
Formerly CursedtoFirst45
1,225 Posts
86 1 tonhauler said:
you would be better off buying a 12v engine and taking off the parts you need off of it then keeping the engine for a spare or to build up
if he bought a 12v engine, he'd still need the 1800 dollar kit from scheid to allow him to run a p7100 on a 24v. The cheapest option would be to just sell ur 24v and buy a 12v cummins. Thats what i did, and im not regretting it.

·
3,514 Posts
If you buy a 12v engine, everything except the lines will swap over. All the kit includes is lines, and a different front timing case/cover. All of the parts would be there, complete and ready to go. You may need a new pump, depending on the condition of the pump you get though.
Sean

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Don't get us wrong but the conversion can be done... It just that the price and the amount of labor is killer... You would be better finding a 12V truck... :shrug:

·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well here is the deal I love the loud rattle of the 24 valve. Kinda childish but hey im a 22 year old singe guy and it strokes my spokes. Anywho I only have 2500 invested in the whole truck and Im wanting to do an engine swap in a 1980 ram 2500 and i know its gonna be difficult doing 24 valve swap because of the electronics involved, which is why im wanting to do the pump swap instead of finding a 12 valve. I wouldnt mind having a 12 valve though. anyone know where i can find one for my 53 powerwagon ambulance?:poke:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts