The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where could I get an idea of the cost a of swap on a vp44 for a p-pump? Can't find anyone with info on doing this. Please post something if ya can! thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
You looking to do this for a particular reason or just to do it? There is a fair amount of money and labor to do this swap.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow its not as cheap as I was hoping for! thanks Maybe i'll wait on doing that swap! What would be the best I could do with my vp44? I'm not getting a hot rod cause I dont want to spend all that for just 45 hp. Drilling the banjo bolt out more? I have dual lift pumps, and at idle I have 28 psi. But my gauge sometimes goes to 0 when I mat her to the floor!

B

·
0 Posts
28psi at idle is way too much pressure for the VP. Also if you are running dual lift pumps, have 28psi at idle and draw it to 0psi at WOT, then you have other issues you need to address first.

Not sure how much HP you are looking for, but just shy of 700hp on a VP is not out of the question.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well Ive seen acouple of 2nd and 3rd gens with p7100's and they alot of adjustable and power and its easy to work with! Yeah well it doesnt always go to 0 psi at WOT just inthe mornings when its really cold and still warming up, but when under load like 10,000 lbs of rock I hauled yesterday it only dropped to 16 psi.

·
348 Posts
Greatwhiteram Have you thought about A big line kit? A larger dia hose and fittings should solve your cold mornings low pressure problems. And do you use any additives to help with cold flow problems. You may think it's not worth the cost but just 1 gelled up fuel filter and a truck that won't run will convince ya. Just a Thought.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I'm going to have to get a vulcan big line kit. Has anyone honed the fuel crossover tubes to the injectors? I've heard of someone doing it but my diesel shop won't do it for me! No reason why they won't. I do use a anti gellin additive, but not every fill up b/c it's not that cold here in South Carolina compared to my home town of Buffalo, NY.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts