The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member #45
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a truck in the shop and the code is p0253. the book says this
P0253 Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control "A" Low (Cam/Rotor/Injector)
need a little help! it had and old box on it and they took it off. it hesitated once and that was when they pulled the boxs off. after the box came off, they haven't had any problems with it. so, i'm thinking its was just the box.:shrug:

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
My money is on the pump circling the drain. A lot of times the boxes just magnify the problem so when you take them off it seems that the pump is fine. They are still going bad but it is less noticible because the box isn't giving the aggressive fueling and the problem is more subtle.That being said, there have been lots of people that have driven with VP's that were failing and have gotten quite a few more miles out of them. I think you usually get a p0216 code as well when the pump is on it's last leg but not always. I would go ahead and replace the pump if it was my truck.

·
TDG Mafia Member #45
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i knew the p0216 code was the pump code thats what i have in mine right now. a new pump from scheid going in saturday. i put 10,000 miles on mine before i desided to change it. this truck is a customers truck and they're not going to like it. when i tell them it going to cost around 2000 to fix a problem thats just happened one time. i think i'll tell them to start saving some money up for it. but anyway thank you

·
TDG Mafia Member #45
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i knew the p0216 code was the pump code thats what i have in mine right now. a new pump from scheid going in saturday. i put 10,000 miles on mine before i desided to change it. this truck is a customers truck and they're not going to like it. when i tell them it going to cost around 2000 to fix a problem thats just happened one time. i think i'll tell them to start saving some money up for it. but anyway thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts