The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
P1335 Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Position Sensor Minimum/Maximum Stop Performance

Anyone run into this code before also noticed a little white smoke at idle, grey on accel.. Input would be great any fixes.. Thnks Guys:happymugs

When I clear it it will stay gone for aprox. three start ups.. White smoke seems to clear up a little after running down the road..

Has anyone tryed removing the egr valve to clean it?>?????????????

·
63 Posts
Probably some crud lodged in the EGR valve, as the code talks about the valve not being able to get closed down at the right spot.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya I thought of that as well but I can't get the danm thing out, think it take a special removal tool.. Need someone that has personnely experienced the problem..

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
When mine went. They had to remove the throttle body and EGR valve because they could seperate the 2. You might be in the same boat.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When mine went. They had to remove the throttle body and EGR valve because they could seperate the 2. You might be in the same boat.
Did you get any codes at all?????? or running problems???

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
Yeah it threw codes but I didnt have my DD with me to check them. Chugged and puffed grey smoke when it ran. no power and wouldn't build the rpms past 1500. Fixed in 3 days with waiting on parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts