The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 dually that keeps giving code p1689. Sometimes is starts right back up sometime you have to wait a few minutes. When it first started it would be just a quick stumble with no code. I've visually check all the wiring between the vp44 and the ECM, replaced the lift pump, replaced the ECM, and replace the vp44. The problem hasn't changed any. I'm at total loss please help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well some of the problems we have ran into are that the connections in the harnesses will start to spread open and cause a intermitten fault. what we will try to do before replacing the harnesses is go through and find the pin numbers on the ecm and all of the connections on the pump and make sure they are clean and tight. if that dosent take care of it then you may need to look into getting new harnesses. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
P1689 - No Communication Between ECM and Injection Pump Module Data link circuit failure between ECM and fuel injection pump. Low power, engine derated, or engine stops.

I agree with biggie1dodge... Double check you wiring between VP44 and ECM on the side of the block make sure you wiring is got good clean connections and no broken wires.​

1 - 4 of 4 Posts