1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my truck through a P1693 code which means

P1693
DTC Detected In ECM Or PCM

I dont get whats its saying. I noticed it was running weird like it accelerate and stop accelerating every once in a while. And then tonight I was sitting at a stop like and my RPM's were jumping 1000RPM's and back down to 850RPM.

Any ideas whats going on? Is it ok to drive? and how would I fix it?

·
409 Posts
that is just a code saying you have a code, more than likely it's still there from when your truck actually had a code. P1693 lives in my truck, I think it's been there since the day it rolled off the assembly line on my truck.

Are there any other codes?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm..no on my superchips i tryed lookin at the next code and it said there were none. So tonight I rest the APPS and ill see how that works.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
yea its been on mine since I installed the comp....before it was on there when the cam sensor went out, but its just a companion code...

Nathaniel

·
400 Posts
I don't want to hi-jack but while were on this topic, why not. Tonight my friend was driving his 01 6-speed and he said it just sputtered and died. So my first thought is he ran it out of fuel but that wasn't the case. Drained the fuel from the filter housing and reprimed the system with his fass pump. Once I was certain that fuel was back in there i tried turning the engine over with #2, 3, and 4 fuel lines loose. No fuel came out of the lines and i cranked it over probably 10 different times with different llines cracked and repriming the system. He said his fuel pressure on his juice w/attitude has never fell below 8 PSI. I told him i was pretty sure it was his VP but he wanted me to get some other opinions. He also said that a couple days ago he shut the key off and the truck stayed run for 2-4 seconds longer than normal and it did this to him 4 or 5 times. COULD it be something else? I checked all the fuses and swapped out the relays with his spares and nothing would work for me.

·
3,514 Posts
That sounds to me like he seized his rotor inside the VP.
Sean

·
400 Posts
That's what i tried telling him but he was sure that it would happen to HIS truck. What actually controls the shut down of the VP?

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts