The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I hit 7000 miles on my truck. I noticed the paint on the bottom of my inter-cooler was peeling off about a week ago. Today its bare,no more paint left on the bottom of it. I took it in the the dealer and asked them about it. They came out and looked at and said yea its peeling off, but its something he wouldn't warranty. I know i could i paint it but my point is this is a 50 thousand dollar truck. I shouldnt have to spray paint it. Any info would help.
Thanks
Greg

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Dude... its an intercooler... warranty claims for **** like that is why our trucks cost 50k.

But... I do like your sig.. Saw a old harley bumpersticker that said that years ago.

·
Now Cummins Powered
234 Posts
Find another dealership, same thing happened to mine at like 1,000 miles and the ford body shop repainted it. NO Problems since. Good luck

Reactions: gporter302

·
384 Posts
Mine did the same. I figured.... if I complain, they warranty it, and someone ends up spraying it that really doesn't give a $#!t about the job they do... or... I do it myself and know it's done "right".

I know rustoleum isn't made for this application, but it's been about a year, and no problems. (It's staying on twice as long as the FORD paint job so far. Can't really argue with that.) Just tape the hell out of it with that blue painters tape and give it a couple of thin coats. Took all of 15min.

·
85 Posts
Where is the intercooler at? :damnit

·
568 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine is peeling on the bottom driver's side corner. I wouldn't trust the dealersjip to repaint it anyway. It is more like a bubble right now, but I am sure it will peel once the bubble breaks. I am getting ready to put a Warn HD winch bumper on it anyway, so it will be hidden from sight completely. You can see it in this picture...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts