The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Use 3m swirl remover from your local auto paint store. use with the black waffle polish pads from 3m not the white ones there for buffing and are more course. use the pads on a good electric buffer, but use the polish sparingly or it will glaze before you get it all off. It helps a lot if you use wax and grease remover before hand or your just moving around polishes that are allready there.Move the buffer long ways with the pannels, not up and down finish with a good carnuba wax.I can get part#s for swirl remover and pads if needed. DO NOT LET THE DETAIL BOYS AT THE DEALER SHIP ON YOUR TRUCK WITH A BUFFER AND COMPOUND. Do the same for boats but use the white pads and 3m extra cut compound for oxidation.Hope this helps.

·
Registered
756 Posts
ya but what those pesky water spots? :poke: mine came with bad ones on the windshield when i bought it. any thoughts? thanks man

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
water spots are a different story, when i worked in North Carolina it was near a paper mill contaminates from the mill would mix with the rain and cause acid rain spots, had to repaint many trucks.spots on windows will usually come off with compound and a buffer, on the paint sometimes you have to wet sand with 1500 grit paper and buff. now you have fun removing swirls.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
When you are done wipe a few panels in a back and forth motion (since swirls are circular and any fresh lines will be straight) with wax and grease remover to see if the swirls were removed or simply filled.

By doing this W&G Remover test it shows you what it will really look like after your first car wash or a hot day in the sun.

On edit: For those of you with swirl marks where did they come from if you haven't buffed on the truck before or are you talking about the very fine 'spider webbing' you see in the sun that occurs from washing and drying?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
TooMuchBoost said:
When you are done wipe a few panels in a back and forth motion (since swirls are circular and any fresh lines will be straight) with wax and grease remover to see if the swirls were removed or simply filled.

By doing this W&G Remover test it shows you what it will really look like after your first car wash or a hot day in the sun.

On edit: For those of you with swirl marks where did they come from if you haven't buffed on the truck before or are you talking about the very fine 'spider webbing' you see in the sun that occurs from washing and drying?
I would be willing to bet that they are coming from hand-washing.....
..then again, what do I know... ;)

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
partsguy662 said:
I would be willing to bet that they are coming from hand-washing.....
..then again, what do I know... ;)
Big difference between swirl marks and spider webbing.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have the spider webbing syndrome from hand washing and some minor swrils from waxing...
Is the spider web although cool looking :umno: easier to fix? :shrug:
Or will the Zaino Bros. products that alot of people suggusted in my post in the other forum "black paint woes" take care of it?
Most people don't notice it, but I do...
At what point do you need to pull out the big guns and use the power buffers?

·
jet ski racer
327 Posts
hey guys I found tis web site that has a tons of useful truck/car paint and
Interior care stuff check it out I need some new pads for the porter polisher.

There is a lot of good how info there as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts