The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Git-R-Done
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was setting around the house today and got bored so I called the neighbor to come shoot a quick video for me.

http://video.thedieselgarage.com/video/81253ea2-0b31-4eaf-9f1a-989200fd000e.htm

Been to busy lately and have not gotten around to installing smaller exhaust housings yet but I am driving it as my daily driver now. Prolly good thing I not done the housings yet as you can hear in the video that the tranny already does not like to shift.LOL

We are going try and make some programming chages on the chip this week before I make any changes to the turbos just to see what we can make happen. The current programs are all basicaly just for a stock setup truck.

I am going to shoot another video later today of what the setup looks like now that it is completed.

Later,
Darrell

·
IS FREE!!!!!
1,143 Posts
that looks sweet darryl, nice work

·
4,827 Posts
Have fun cleaning the soot off. LOL LOL

·
Mafia #42
3,646 Posts
i was just gonna say that, good luck cleaning the windshield every week.

·
619 Posts
That looks real cool :Thumbup: :Thumbup: :Thumbup:

6" taller stacks would be good LOL LOL LOL

·
Git-R-Done
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is another video of just the setup.

http://video.thedieselgarage.com/video/aec40c28-3d80-41bc-8aee-989201423006.htm

It is all still in the rough as I was not going to take the time and spend the money to finish it out looks wise until I got done testing the setup to decide if I like it or not.

I will tell you it is a pain in the azz to drive town. No matter where I go I am the center of attention and every one flocks around the truck.

It took me 3 hours to make a 45 minute run to town as I could not go anywhere with out being swarmed by people wanting to look and ask questions.

Tha funniest thing is watching people driving down the street. I can not count the number of people that have almost ran off the road trying to look.LOL And even funnier is the guys driving diesel trucks the roll their windows down and stick their heads out looking and trying to listen.LOL LOL

If nothing else I guess it is fun just because of the attention it gets.:woot:

Later,
Darrell

·
Registered
388 Posts
Looks COOOL...may need taller stacks!!:Thumbup: :Thumbup:

·
355 Posts
Thats awesome, I couldnt tell are you running a hood as of right now?

AJ

·
TDG Mafia Member #64!
885 Posts
Hahaha that looks freakin awesome, great job with it:Thumbup:

·
1,921 Posts
Running half the exhaust through a stock turbo I think you are going to want the smallest housings available which would be the .84s. Would probably clear that smoke up a bit more if you ran one into the other and got one that was a little bigger though.

·
1,581 Posts
:iagree and you might consider welding the wastegates shut.

·
1,726 Posts
444turbodiesel said:
:iagree and you might consider welding the wastegates shut.
There is no wastegate on an OBS turbo :Thumbup:

I see that this is just an old thread that we have brought back to life. Has there been any more progress? :popcorn:

·
1,581 Posts
racehauler said:
There is no wastegate on an OBS turbo :Thumbup:

I see that this is just an old thread that we have brought back to life. Has there been any more progress? :popcorn:
There will be when he swaps to a .84 exhaust housing:Thumbup:

·
Git-R-Done
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I have progressed a ways with this setup. I actually put the .84 housings on and a ran it that way for about a month.

But now I have good and bad news.

The good news is after installing the .84 housings they would spool good and I was seeing 20-25psi out of them.:93C_peelo Only thing is they needed some live tuning and I never did get with Tony to get the programming lined out for the setup. I can tell you that from the way the acted and responded with the tuning I had they would have been a bad azz setup once the tuning was lined out and especially with some nitrous.:sly:

Now the bad news is that they are gone.:( I had a guy wanting to buy the truck and since he was willing to give me enough money to make it worth my while I decided to sell it to him. But, he wanted it back to a single turbo truck with Stage 1 injectors, Stealth, Chip and stacks so I started tearing it a part in my spare time about 3 weeks ago to put it the way he wanted it.

Now the really bad news is this jack azz ended up backing out on me after I already had it all apart and working on installing the turbo. :nunu: After I got over being ticked about this I done alot of thinking and decided I was not going back to the hassle of the twins as I had already sold the 300cc injectors and pitched all of the machined parts I had made special for the setup.:damnit

I have been working on the truck this week and just about have it
ready to hit the road again. It will not be anything special but will have the Stealth, fuel system, and some pretty big injectors that may be accompanied by compound turbos in the future since they will be much easier to install.:sly:

Sorry to all of you that was excited to see what the parallels would do and how they would work.:sorrysign: I was excited myself but after all this BS I will just be glad to have the truck back to being drivable again.

Like I said I am pretty sure of what they would have been capable of if I would have moved forward with them but now it is upto someone else.

I do have a couple of slightly used .84 housing with less than 200 miles on them for sale if anyone is looking for one or two for your own twin project. :Thumbup:

Later,
Darrell

·
2,509 Posts
:poke: are ya at least gonna keep the twin stacks in the hood for old time sakes :bow:
Its a shame everthing went down like that it sounds like something that would happen to me, maybe if nothing else it will give you a little time to come up with a bigger and better twins set up in the future.

·
Git-R-Done
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The whole deal did not only tick me off but it made me sick to think of all the work I had put into the twin setup. Would not have bothered me so bad if the guy would not have backed out on the deal as the truck would have been out of hands and I would not have to look at it daily.

Oh well, I guess **** happens and there is nothing to do other than move on.

I have really been wanting a SuperDuty crew cab so maybe I will just trade the old truck off once I get it back together.:sofa

Any idea what kind of power this type of setup will make.
Not really sure as this was the first attempt at this type of setup. I know in my head what I was hoping/thought it would do but that was just my thoughts.

Alot of guys did not think this type of setup would work at all but now I have first hand experiance and know different.:sly:

Anyways, I am hoping we will see another parrallel setup some time in the near future as there is a buddy of mine in northern MO that is supposed to be putting together parrallels from custom built turbos this year on a SD truck.

I also got some pictures a few months ago of a quad compound parrallel setup that was being built which should be very interesting.:bow:

I think there is some interesting stuff going to be out this year with parallels and I look forward to seeing what all of them will do. :evil:

But I guess even though mine are gone, from what I understand I can still say I was the first to build and run a parallel setup on a Power Stroke.:Thumbup: :Thumbup:

·
Cummins Man
980 Posts
How did you have your equalizer pipe setup on the turbos? Do you have anymore pics of your setup?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts