The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm filling out an order form for DP Tuner and i don't know where to find the PCM or DPC-Code. Ryan (dieselwrencher) told me but i couldnt find it there. If anyone could help with this that'd be great

·
1,726 Posts
The easiest way I can tell you is to pull the three nuts off of the E-Brake and move it out of the way. Then you can see the computer just behind where the E-Brake was. There is a black plastic plug in the back of the computer, just use a screwdriver to pull it off. It should have a sticker with a bar code and a couple alpha-numeric codes. Only one of them will have 3 letters and 1 number which is the code you are looking for.

After I got done typing this I remember that I was looking on the door sill sticker with GVW and tire info and the code was on that sticker as well. I cant remember exactly where but once again I dont think there was anything else on the sticker that even came close except for the PCM code.

·
Super Moderator
1,777 Posts
(In my case I have a '97......)

I am assuming you already know where the PCM is located, so hopefully you can follow my description. Best thing is to get a small mirror with a long handle. Take the mirror and try to read the side of the PCM that faces the inside of the fender. Not much room in there, hence why you need the mirror.

Hopefully there will be a white sticker with the code.

Good Luck!:Thumbup:

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL don't assume too fast!!!!!
I am guessing that the PCM is the Silver Box above the front Drivers Wheel beside the brake booster???

·
1,726 Posts
circle5 said:
LOL don't assume too fast!!!!!
I am guessing that the PCM is the Silver Box above the front Drivers Wheel beside the brake booster???
No, thats the IDM. You will not need to be messing with that one.

Take a look at the chip install articles in the Ford Mod's Forum. I know DP has a install thread in there and there may even be anoter.

Anyway the PCM is directly to the left of the E-Brake.

Like I said before just pull the nuts off the E-Brake and you will see a shiny tin box, thats it. It must be pulled out from the firewall under the hood but you should be able to pry off the plastic plug that I was talking about without pulling the PCM out.

REMEMBER to pull the batery cable before pulling any wiring plugs off the PCM, but if you do what I told you it would not need to because you will not be messing with the wiring.

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'll see what i can find out!
i looked on the door sticker and i didn't see a 3letter 1digit code

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
Or on the front of the driver's door frame near the top hinge. Small white sticker with 4 alpha-numeric digit "number" printed on it.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Mine doesn't have that.
I stuck a camera phone down in the fender well and took a video of it. Came up clear as a bell.
You can also use a mirror.

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
John_G said:
Or on the front of the driver's door frame near the top hinge. Small white sticker with 4 alpha-numeric digit "number" printed on it.
mine don't have that either
sounds like ill have to pull off the ebrake

·
1,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GOT IT!!!!!! i think lol

NAW6 sounds right????

1 - 11 of 11 Posts