The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, today I installed my new F5 DP Tuner chip, And wow it was awesome. I got back from my test drive and was looking everything over one last time, and poked the chip with my finger and the truck died, I then wiggled the chip around with the key on :damnit :damnit :damnit and heard some arcing popping. I think I burned up the PCM, no wait to start light no fuel pump ses light is on and cannot pull any codes. All fuses are good. what do you guys think? I couldnt get ahold of Dp tuner or BWD at this time.

Josh

·
0 Posts
That can't be good. I would try to disconnect the batteries and re-connect after a half hour or so. Not sure it will improve the situation...but it won't hurt.

·
Registered
239 Posts
That's a hard and fast rule with chips is to not have the keys anywhere near the ignition when the chip is loose or installing/removing it. I think you diagnosed it correctly and DP can help with the PCM situation but you are looking at some down time and additional $$ for certain. I know the PCM can fry but I believe the chip can too??? Or no?

Doh! :damnit

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Hi Josh,

I just retrieved your message and read this post. I tried you but no answer. I need the DPC-??? code off the computer to see if I have a PCM in stock. :thanks:

Diane

1 - 4 of 4 Posts