The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where do yal recomend to get performance parts such as turbos, injectors, injection pumps, fuel systems and such

·
3,514 Posts
Where do you live? There are lots of good vendors in the vendors section on here. I'd look at HTT turbos, F1 diesel or DDP for injectors, FASS, GDP, or Aeromotive fuel systems, and then an Edge box, either the Juice W/a (which has digital gauges) or a comp box if you like analog gauges. I don't know who you bought your ford stuff from, but they might be able to get you some of the parts for the dodge as well.
Sean

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i live in northern virginia

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i want about 500hp is that possible while still havein decent mileage and reliability and wat is a good set up such as injector size and turbo size

·
Registered
422 Posts
i think its absolutely possible, what hurts everyone's mileage is smoke. Right after i got my injectors i filled up with fuel in college station, then drove home trying not to blow smoke and i ended up getting 23mpg hand calculated. Another thing that kills mileage is driving fast and taking off fast, when the cummins gets over 2000rpm it looses alot of its mileage capabilities and also it takes alot of energy to motivate 8,000 and the faster you want to do it, the more it takes. I usually take it easy and drive like 65-70..... im that guy that people get pissed at for driving slow.

However, in town, i don't like to talk about what i get....

·
3,514 Posts
500 while still maintaining decent milage and reliability is totally possible. Do you use the truck for towing much? If so, how much weight and what kind of conditions. If its just for daily driving, the increases your number of turbo and injector options.
Sean

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
A great post by Mopar1973Man

Mopar1973Man said:
Really simple way of figuring it out...

The highier the boost and pyro the more fuel your dumping. Pyro will rise for more fuel your dumping. Here is some rough figure I've found. Also keep your boost below 5 PSI at all time if possible. Then also keep your pyro below 600*F. The funny part is cruise control won't do it... :damnit

900*F = 10-13 MPG
800*F = 15-16 MPG
600*F = 16-19 MPG
500*F = 20-23 MPG
(Remember is takes fuel to make heat!)

These are rough numbers that I've gotten from my 2nd Gen truck. I'm also using a ScanGaugeII to compile the MPG figures on the fly.
http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002 Dodge/BOMBS/scangauge2/scangauge2.htm
Keep the egts down and its possible

·
Registered
422 Posts
Nothing against MoparMan, but thats not entirely true, heat also depends on exhaust flow, intake air temp, injector spray pattern, timing and other variables. My truck makes around 850* rollin down the road and i still manage good mileage.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
StrokeThisGoat said:
Nothing against MoparMan, but thats not entirely true, heat also depends on exhaust flow, intake air temp, injector spray pattern, timing and other variables. My truck makes around 850* rollin down the road and i still manage good mileage.
Ok... Lets say it based on a stock truck stright piped 3", IAT temp 80*F and outside temp of 40*F, stock injectors, and Edge Comp on 4x4
Hmmm... I think that covers it...LOL

Regardless the more fuel your dumping in the cylinders the more heat your going to create. (General rule)

I try and catch a small video of my ScanGauge II and Pyro together...:sly:

·
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i dont tow much maby a 16 foot trailer loaded with wood and i plan on haulin my 97 stroke up to college with me bu that will be rare

1 - 10 of 10 Posts