The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking to install chip or tuner in my 01 250 7.3 psd what are the good ones for pulling a rv.

·
Registered
790 Posts

·
4,024 Posts
I have Jody's tunes and love them!! dptuner

Havent herd anything bad about T wildmans

either would be a big improvement!!

·
342 Posts
Just go to the store and get a Bully Dog 41573 Downloader. No rags no wrenches just a good safe tune for your RV towing. :bow:

·
6,337 Posts
Lariat Trucker said:
Just go to the store and get a Bully Dog 41573 Downloader. No rags no wrenches just a good safe tune for your RV towing. :bow:

:spam :LAME: :spam :LAME: :Wedgie: :spam :badidea: :boxing:

Bully dog:barf: might as well go with a hypertech tuner...:roflmao:

·
6,337 Posts
Lariat Trucker said:
HMMMMM...Product Bashing HUH?
No, bashing would mean that I have no experience with said product:Thumbup: , I have used, Superchips, Hypertech, Bullydog, Edge, TS chips, DI chips, and ATS Chips. About the only thing I haven't tried is Jody's and Tony's tunes yet. I have spent WAY TOO MUCH money on tuners and chips... Not Bashing:Thumbup: , Just I know from experance:poke: ....

Now, If you have something new you would like me to try:woot: :Thumbup: , I would be happy to do so, and would give you a honest product review:Thumbup: .

·
342 Posts
After all of those I would start to think it may be the truck. If you are happy with what you have that's great. It serves no realistic purpose to bash other company's products. It seems really strange that those companies sell almost 99% of the performance enhancements on the market and you are the guy that couldn't make any of them work. I'm done with this thread.

·
1,291 Posts
It's funny i have put a lot of diffenrt programmers in my truck and have yet to find on that i didn't like or could get to work. I do like some over others. My favorite is my Dp-Tuner Chip, But the TS wasn't bad, Evo was good made good power shifted funny ever once in while, the juice didn't make enough power for me and niether did the ez or the quad box but if your lookign for a mild increase in HP they will work ok, recently tried the outlook with the powerpup power was good with just the power pup but with the outlook funny things happened (only tried a unit that was returned to see what the customer was talking about) the banks chips is ok made some power but no smoke so it's not for me but it also had low egt's, the six gun agian didn't make enough power. if you want to talk about any of these tuners or any for that matter give me a call.

But, my suggestion for rv pulling would be the banks, dp tuner, or superchips

·
342 Posts
That's quality stuff ^^^^

When some body makes constructive comments we all win. That issue with the Outlook did you get it resolved for your customer? If not PM me and I'll see that it gets handled.:Thumbup:

·
6,337 Posts
Lariat Trucker said:
After all of those I would start to think it may be the truck. If you are happy with what you have that's great. It serves no realistic purpose to bash other company's products. It seems really strange that those companies sell almost 99% of the performance enhancements on the market and you are the guy that couldn't make any of them work. I'm done with this thread.

Thats why I try everything:Thumbup: ... to find the best:squish ! Not that what I have is or is not the best but I am very happy at this time. My vote again goes to a 4 or 6 pos chip with Tadds, Jody's or Davids tunes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts