The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what performance upgrades I could do to my 2002 Crew cab F-350 Dually. I have an open element intake, stack(soon to be MBRP exhaust), edge box, and a superchips programmer. I am new with diesels and other than what I have got on there i do not know what else to do besides cosmetics.

·
Registered
189 Posts
BUILD YOUR TRANNY!!!!!!!! then dp-or sct, injectors , turbo then you should be happy.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I had several products from Edge and Banks, and none of them come close to the performance of a DP-Tuner chip. Jody's programs are excellent. The mods are only limited by the money you want to spend.

I would recommend some type of a shift kit. I built an accumulator VB for mine with parts from Sonnax, but several outfits like BTS can set you up too. A new torque converter is nice. The stock internals will take a bit of abuse with a good TC and VB.

After the transmission mods go for a set of Injectors, Stage I or II. If you go bigger than Stage II's you probably want to do a set of rods. I'm running Stage II's in a PMR truck with no problem, good tuning is important.

Another easy mod is to crank up the fuel pressure. Either shim the factory spring or buy a replacement spring. Around 75 PSI seems to work well.

Even though it is expensive, I'd look at getting Big Oil. If I only had one mod to do I think I would probably get Big Oil. Even with stock injectors it makes a big differance.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Call bts and get a valve body.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts