The Diesel Garage banner

Pics of the blow off valve

3K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  supr87gt 
#1 ·
As requested here are some pics of the BOV. If any of you guys have questions let me know. Hooking up to the TPS was trial and error due to the fact that there are 2 of the same colored wires there and only one works.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
And the rest. Last one is where I wanted to put it but I could not get the IC pipe off. Anyone know how? haha.

Attachments

#13 ·
Thanks for the pics! I am still really interested in getting one of these put on so Im gonna wait for your write up.

As for removing the drivers side IC pipe, Ive been having the same problem. I need to replace that whole pipe because where it connects to the IC is now oval so the boot keeps blowing off. UGH....Im gonna turn it over to the dealer tommorow bc I think as you mentioned theres alot to remove to get it out.

Thanks again

#8 ·
Thanks guys. Install wasnt to bad except for fighting with the drivers side IC pipe. I worked for damn near an hour trying to get it out and it wasnt coming. Took the sway bar down, power steering jug out of the way. Coolant hoses for the EGR and it wasnt coming. Once I gave up on that it went pretty easy. Ill do a write up on this shortly. BD has instructions but there not the best. And It is from BD diesel. Turbo gaurd I believe they call it.
Working good. Just fine tuning the box under the dash so it lets off quick and comes back quick. The 310 tune is pretty touchy on the pedal so you have to adjust the box for your TPS. Ryan

#11 ·
Replacing the stock converter with a suncoast or PI this weekend and then its game on.

#17 ·
NOW you're talking:thumbsup

#15 ·
Looks cool.

#16 ·
Heres how I get the intercooler pipes out. Take out the two 10mm top radiator mounting bolts on the passenger side. Take out the three 13mm radiator support bolts on the passenger side and loosen the three on the drivers side. Loosen the clamps for the boots and remove. Slightly pry the radiator support forward on the passenger side while pushing the radiator back slightly. The tube will come out from the back in one piece after some swear words.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.