Sir thank you for your service and thanks for the pictures

Good luck
God speed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
TDG Mafia Member #25
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Afghanistan has quite a few high and cold mountains.

Little bit of angle and dangle.

Just reach out and touch 'em.

How we roll...

Gates of Hell ain't far from Kandahar.

I debated weather to post this or not, but it is a story that I will forever remember. We had left Kandahar, gone to our next FOB, and as we were engine starting to leave, the call comes in to head back to Kandahar for a no-notice medivac. A soldier was not an hour or so before hit by a sniper above his armor, in his throat, through his spine, and out the back. Well, myself and the loadmasters had the cargo reconfiged, onboard medivac equipment setup, and ready for the pickup in under 30mins. It didn't look good with all the breathing equipment, and was given a 50/50 on surviving the flight. Amazingly while coming out of anesthesia, the soldier was able to lift his arms and wiggle toes. I packed it full of fuel while the AC got the waiver for weight, and flight plan to push those motors to the redline, and we went as fast as she would go into Germany. The absolutely smoothest landing fell into place where you couldn't tell approach from touchdown and full stop, and he was sped away still holding on.

Never knew his name, or how his story turned out, but I like to think our piece of the puzzle all came together and made a mission happen.

On to a happier part of being in Germany...

A different day and trip found me in the exciting world of East Moline Iowa. Woooooooo...

Climbin hard and fast.

Fly me to the moon...

Crossin' the pond high as I've ever been.

Ways you know your country has too much freakin' money. Some kind of man made island thing in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

More time over Afghanistan lookin' for any rocks being tossed our way.

Nothin' quite like an Afghanistan sunset.

Adrianspeeder

·
TDG Mafia Member #25
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Every now and then a better trip comes along that can make up for the worse ones.

Had to haul some stuff, got my picture with one of the rigs.

Short final to Orlando baby!

And this made the whole trip worthwile.

Adrianspeeder

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Adrian, your post above brought chills to me reading about a serviceman that was hit my enemy fire, May God bless him. Kudos to your crew for helping the man out. I know I have said it many times but Thank You for your service! :salute!

·
43 Posts
Adrian, I too was touched by the story of the soldier your air crew was tending to. God bless you all for your dedication to service.
Please keep the awsome pictures coming along with the stories behind them.

Good luck
God speed

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

·
TDG Mafia Member #25
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not the best trip I've had. Plenty of ****holes.

One of the pilots thought we should fight the war smelling nice.

Adrianspeeder

·
381 Posts
Thanks, Adrian, for your service(something I didn't get in the 60,s) & thanks for the great pics. I worked on the flt line in the 60s but never got any pics like that. Keep up the faith.:usflag:salute:guitar. Rock on.---Bob

·
7 Posts
Hi guys..Nice and superb information i gain today about the cargo plane i want to become a pilot that's why i say that its honor for the US Army that they deliver superb knowledge...Any body tell me that what is the combat musk?

·
381 Posts
Hi guys..Nice and superb information i gain today about the cargo plane i want to become a pilot that's why i say that its honor for the US Army that they deliver superb knowledge...Any body tell me that what is the combat musk?
The" combat musk " is a gag, man. Just fer fun!!!:thumbsup.---Bob

·
10 Posts
Awesome pics out there buddy. The aerial shots are just superb. Although i wonder do the US military allows to take photos while on their mission related and other flights. I am just curious.

·
TDG Mafia Member #25
1,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome pics out there buddy. The aerial shots are just superb. Although i wonder do the US military allows to take photos while on their mission related and other flights. I am just curious.
There are many things I'd like to but are not allowed to take a picture of. I have a flightline photography letter for the ones I do get usually, and there are many restrictions even with that.

Adrianspeeder

·
10 Posts
Do you have to get a letter signed or something like that to get permission to click those photos..cause i guess Afghanistan is quite a sensitive area and it is very unlikely to get some shots on the camera due to very high security measures.

1 - 20 of 254 Posts