The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I bought a 05 SD in 04, but I am new to the board. Does anyone make a pillar gauge mount that comes color matched to the truck.. I don't want to have to paint it... I want it to look stock..

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Bowhunter said:
Hi guys I bought a 05 SD in 04, but I am new to the board. Does anyone make a pillar gauge mount that comes color matched to the truck.. I don't want to have to paint it... I want it to look stock..

Some of the vendors will paint the pillar for you. You will need your interior paint code for them to get the exact match.:Thumbup:

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
Bow, VHT makes interior paint in a can for like 5 bucks. It matches very well. I just sprayed mine today. I have tan, and we used it ona buddys gray also.

·
6,337 Posts
No one "makes" one color matched. You have to paint them all. I dropped mine off at a paint shop and a piece of the dash and said "match it" and it does... About $45 later and it was done...

·
228 Posts
i think its ITP diesel that has package deals on gauges and pillar combos, painted to match your interior.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Match

Thanks Guys... Thats what I thought... I think I will try the drop off method and see how that turn out...

·
6,337 Posts
Just find a piece of the dash that you can pull off, or give the stock pillar to them.

·
57 Posts
I used the dome light for color match on my 05 (gray) I just popped it off and then reinstalled after the paint shop was done. I also have a friend that went to a auto paint store and bought a pint and used his air brush set-up and it came out nice. If push comes to shove I know that this can be found at Pep Boys (or any auto parts stores that sell spray paint) New Ford Gray No# 216 Engine Enamel is a very close match to the gray.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Bowhunter,

Not to try to tell you what to do etc but painting it yourself is really very easy and you have touch up in you make a slip during the final install too. FYI VHT no longer makes and of the paints and they onyl made one color of the tan and one of the gray while Ford actually has 4 tans and 3 grays. We have them custom mixed in a Plasti Cote brand spray can and have all 5 correct colors in stock. They are considerably more costly but still less than buying two cans from Ford that usually spit paint vs spraying it etc. Just wanted you and the members ship to know etc.

Mark @ DPPI

1 - 9 of 9 Posts