The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the pioneer dvd,gps reciver radio? (Pioneer AVIC-Z110BT) How do you like it???. Thinking of gettin one.

·
497 Posts
Just an Idea, but I have googled the reviews on stuff like that in the past. Also Ive you tubed them to see it in action. As far as pioneer, I couldnt tell you too much about them. Ive always been an alpine guy. Good Luck!!

·
22 Posts
I'm not sure of your particular model of interest.
However, I had a Pioneer AVIC-F900BT and had to get rid of it before it frustrated me to murder. It was so slow to respond to inputs I couldn't take it any longer.
On the plus side: it sounded great and was easy and intuitive to use... just very, very slow.
Find someone who has one installed and will let you play around with it before you buy would be my recommendation.

Good Luck

Rob

·
5,365 Posts
im a HUGE fan of the Pioneer stuff...their P-BUS allows you to add on new
devices, devices that may not be available or KNOWN to even exist yet.

ie: many years ago i bought a head unit, before anyone knew what MP3 or iPODs were...
no problem w/ the pioneer head units...just wait til the auxiliary interface/device is
available and connect it via a single cable for a COMPLETELY DIGITAL connection (none of
this analog ****) !

bluetooth, xm, sirus, cd, minidisc, ipod, usb, gps....NO PROBLEM...add it anytime to any
PIONEER head unit ! http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Accessories#section=overview

·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I was thinking of shopping around this week. My friend has the pioneer that i mentioned and he seems to like it. The full screen is nice too.

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
I have had all the AVIC Z series and they are great! the cheapr ones like the 900BT have lots of bugs and will work out sometime down the road w/ firmware uploads or something but the Z series has a built in hard drive and a TON of ways to customize w/ hacks and mods
try avic411.com for more info

·
Nifty '450
13 Posts
I've got the AVIC Z-3 in my truck with the video in motion. Awesome features. Sports scores, stock prices, DVD, Nav, reverse camera (with the module), rear view camera while driving, 32gb hard drive (hit record on a song off a cd and never put that cd in again), sirius capable, xm capable, bluetooth, voice command on EVERYTHING, etc. I could go on and on. I run 2 - 13.5" slimline JL's, a 10" JL Stealthbox in the center console, 6 - C6 JL's (4 in the doors and 2 in a custom overhead pod I had made right above the back window), 2 JL tweeters on each a pillar, 3 JL amps (1000/1 500/1 300/1) under the rear seats and the AVIC Z3 holds it with noooo problem. Cracked that thick *** windshield 3 days ago. Think I'm gonna leave it cracked till I can't see. I'm proud of it. Kind of like a war injury cuz you'll go deaf in my truck. Makes the hair on your arms vibrate. Love it, Love it, Love it...

·
259 Posts
Just got my z110 from the brown guy this week. Picked up my amps Friday, and front, rear and all the subs showed up too. Like kid in candy store. Can't wait to get the whole thing apart.

·
497 Posts
I was looking at the avic z series also. are they better then the Kenwoods? Crutchfield has a deal on the avic-110 going on. comes with the ipod cord and a set of mids! check it out!

·
497 Posts
I've got the AVIC Z-3 in my truck with the video in motion. Awesome features. Sports scores, stock prices, DVD, Nav, reverse camera (with the module), rear view camera while driving, 32gb hard drive (hit record on a song off a cd and never put that cd in again), sirius capable, xm capable, bluetooth, voice command on EVERYTHING, etc. I could go on and on. I run 2 - 13.5" slimline JL's, a 10" JL Stealthbox in the center console, 6 - C6 JL's (4 in the doors and 2 in a custom overhead pod I had made right above the back window), 2 JL tweeters on each a pillar, 3 JL amps (1000/1 500/1 300/1) under the rear seats and the AVIC Z3 holds it with noooo problem. Cracked that thick *** windshield 3 days ago. Think I'm gonna leave it cracked till I can't see. I'm proud of it. Kind of like a war injury cuz you'll go deaf in my truck. Makes the hair on your arms vibrate. Love it, Love it, Love it...
Got any Pics???? Sounds like a nice system!

·
Diesel Addict
252 Posts
Sounds pretty nice, Have any pics???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts