The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
proud 'stroker
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 ford f-350 6.0l and i want to purchase a tuner. have looked at banks six gun and dp tuners. please send any feedback or tuners that have worked for you. thanks, mike

·
1,661 Posts
The final decision will be yours but ALMOST ALL will recommend the SCT with custom tunes.
As far as I know it is the only tuner that will also control the tranny also. For the 6.0L it is about the best tuner to get.

·
102 Posts
He's right. Get an SCT X3 and an Edge Insight monitor.

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
what are you planning on doing w/ the truck and what are you looking for out of the tuner?? racing, sled pulling, or just DD and a lil extra power??

·
864 Posts
SCT The only way to go, without control of your trans you will fry it, SCT controls to trans for the extra power, innovatives custom tuning is great and shifts perfect in my opinion.

·
illadvised and dangerous
405 Posts
with the sct you can get a mild tune, a truly wild race tune and even a goot tow tune. it does trans tuning, it does actually tune the truck. there is alot of expandability if you choose to modify later as well. stay away from the "box tuners" like edge, banks, hypertech and the likes. if it does not offer custom tuning and trans tuning then your truck will not perform as well as with the sct.

·
497 Posts
Another vote for SCT. you hardly hear anything bad about them

·
258 Posts
it seems like someone asks this question once a week at least. then everyone tells them to get an sct. thats what i did and i love it.

·
43 Posts
Which SCT are most guys getting. I've been looking at the LiveWire, but it' so big an I really don't want it on the dash or window. Thought about putting it on the hump below the dash.

I was looking at the SF3, then buying a egt & piro gauge, but then I'm almost up to the Livewire.

I see someone mentioned X3 and the edge insight monitor. As I understand it, the X3 comes with only custom tunes. Is this correct? I guess you don't need the canned ones then if you only run custom. But what do you do with the edge insight?

By the way, this is my first post. Glad to come over to this forum.

·
864 Posts
I myself have analoge gauges on the pillar, but i like seeing that little needles bouncing around but some like the digital livewires and insight so thats up to you. the SCT x3 comes with canned tunes unless you get the upgraded one from Innovative or like persons then you can get both, custom tunes and the canned tunes are still on there even with custom tunes. I got the SCT and got custom tunes week later so you minus well just get it ordered with custom on it if thats what you want, and youll still have canned tunes on there to turn to.

·
258 Posts
Which SCT are most guys getting. I've been looking at the LiveWire, but it' so big an I really don't want it on the dash or window. Thought about putting it on the hump below the dash.

I was looking at the SF3, then buying a egt & piro gauge, but then I'm almost up to the Livewire.

I see someone mentioned X3 and the edge insight monitor. As I understand it, the X3 comes with only custom tunes. Is this correct? I guess you don't need the canned ones then if you only run custom. But what do you do with the edge insight?

By the way, this is my first post. Glad to come over to this forum.

i have a livewire and your right, its to big. i'm planning on getting the edge insight monitor. if i were you i would just get the x3 and edge insight. the x3 is basically a livewire without gauges.

Reactions: Gdief

·
258 Posts
Reactions: Gdief

·
1,060 Posts
How do you guys feel about getting the new Spartan as the tunner and gauges? If you are going to spend the money...

·
2,106 Posts
you have to be willing to wait for it to finally ever come out. But seems BA!

·
1,060 Posts
Would you trust your transmission with it?

·
2,106 Posts
it is supposed to be capable of doing more things than the SCT is...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts