The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
I’m Cheryl. This is the first time I’m posting here and quite honestly, I don’t know anything about trucks.:help
I drive a little Toyota Corolla.

As Truck Enthusiasts I’m asking for your help! (If I’m not posting this is the right place please tell me, I don’t know my way around).
Due to a death in the family, I’ve been asked to sell… a really big truck:smoke .
This vehicle has all the bells and whistles and I have no idea how to word them in an ad… I don’t even know what they are. I’m not sure what features are a given and which ones were the ad-ons that are noteworthy. I’ve been asked to sell this due to my internet access and not truck knowledge. I was hoping I could find some helpful truck enthusiasts who could help me use the proper terminology:bow: . I’m not sure if this site will allow me to post pictures or if I should just describe some of the features…although my description would probably be comical to the average enthusiast.

Ok here’s what I know.
-It’s a Ford f-350 with 51,000 miles. It’s a 1994. One owner.
-It says centurian on the tire flaps(?) It’s diesel.
-It has two tanks on either side and a big tank in the back, that’s 90 some gallons.
-The tail gate is sort of like mini blinds slightly open. I’m assuming this reduces wind resistance.
-Behind the back window also has these miniblind style things.
-It has something built into the back of the bed that was used to tow horses and rv vehicles.
-It has two back wheels side by side.
-My husband drove it and said it had more gauges and levers than he knew what to do with, and he was surprised by it’s pickup.
-It’s white with gray pinstriping design.
-Below the tail gate it has…what sort of looks like a black grass skirt spanning the width of the truck.
-The vehicle has 4 doors with a plush interior, a big grill in the front and two external horns.
-It’s been kept in really good condition and it’s very clean.

Does this truck type sound familiar to anyone? How should I list these features? Are there other things I should try and find out? Should I take pictures of anything in particular?
I would REALLY appreciate any help that can be offered. If I haven’t provided enough information, please ask me.
Thanks,
Cheryl

·
608 Posts
I am sorry to hear about your loss ma'am. It sounds like you have a real nice truck. you can post pictures if you look at the little icons right above the box you type in, one looks like a mountain.. that is how you add pitures. If you go to NADA.com or KBb.com they will give you a good starting point for a price. good luck with the sale and by all means, if you have more questions don't hesitate to ask.

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
helpmebigtruck said:
Hello Everyone,
I’m Cheryl. This is the first time I’m posting here and quite honestly, I don’t know anything about trucks.:help
I drive a little Toyota Corolla.

As Truck Enthusiasts I’m asking for your help! (If I’m not posting this is the right place please tell me, I don’t know my way around).
Due to a death in the family, I’ve been asked to sell… a really big truck:smoke .
This vehicle has all the bells and whistles and I have no idea how to word them in an ad… I don’t even know what they are. I’m not sure what features are a given and which ones were the ad-ons that are noteworthy. I’ve been asked to sell this due to my internet access and not truck knowledge. I was hoping I could find some helpful truck enthusiasts who could help me use the proper terminology:bow: . I’m not sure if this site will allow me to post pictures or if I should just describe some of the features…although my description would probably be comical to the average enthusiast.

Ok here’s what I know.
-It’s a Ford f-350 with 51,000 miles. It’s a 1994. One owner.
-It says centurian on the tire flaps(?) It’s diesel.
-It has two tanks on either side and a big tank in the back, that’s 90 some gallons.
-The tail gate is sort of like mini blinds slightly open. I’m assuming this reduces wind resistance.
-Behind the back window also has these miniblind style things.
-It has something built into the back of the bed that was used to tow horses and rv vehicles.
-It has two back wheels side by side.
-My husband drove it and said it had more gauges and levers than he knew what to do with, and he was surprised by it’s pickup.
-It’s white with gray pinstriping design.
-Below the tail gate it has…what sort of looks like a black grass skirt spanning the width of the truck.
-The vehicle has 4 doors with a plush interior, a big grill in the front and two external horns.
-It’s been kept in really good condition and it’s very clean.

Does this truck type sound familiar to anyone? How should I list these features? Are there other things I should try and find out? Should I take pictures of anything in particular?
I would REALLY appreciate any help that can be offered. If I haven’t provided enough information, please ask me.
Thanks,
Cheryl
first of all WELCOME!!!

Well getting pictures of the things in question would help but I will try to answer some of them.

1. 1994 was a "split year" for the diesel motors meaning that it could be either a "7.3 Liter IDI diesel or a 7.3 Liter Powerstroke diesel". the best way to tell which it is would be to get a picture of the top of the motor.

2. "Centurian" is a package where they put fancy things on the truck like plush interior, special paint, etc.

3. the two tanks on either side are 20 gallons a piece.

4. the tailgate is made for hauling RV's. it is SUPPOSE to help with milage.

5. the "miniblinds" behind the back window is called a " headache rack" it is mainly only for looks.

6. the thing in the bed is a hitch. if it just has a little ball that sticks up than it is a "Gooseneck hitch" but if it is a big aparatus that sticks way up and has all kinds of pieces the it is a "Fifth Wheel hitch".

7. The two back wheels side by side are called "Duallys". They are good for hauling trailers.

8. The gauges and levers would be easier distiguished by a picture cause they could be many, many different things.

9. that paint design is one of those "Centurion add-ons".

10. the grass skirt looking thing is a type of mudflap to keep rocks and debris from hitting a trailer or other cars.

Well I think that about covers everything. but If you can, get some pics because that would greatly help explain things like the gauges an switches.

~Jim

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, thank you for your kind words and suggestions. I have a few pics that we took before we had it detailed...it's shinier now. I'm going to try and quick get some more interior shots and top of the motor pics.... Thank you so much, wow all those things had names, thats awesome
Thank you so much,

~Cheryl

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took some more pictures. Just as I popped the hood the battery died in the camera, I couldn't figure out how to open the hood anyway.

So from the definitions you gave me my ad would say something like.

1994 Ford F-350
Low Miles (51,000), One Owner.
Centurian upgraded package
Diesel w/ two 20 gallon tanks and additional 90 gallon tank
Fifth Wheel Hitch, Dually
Lots of extras to make towing a breeze
This truck has been customized down to the headache rack.
Great condition, must see to believe.

If this doesn't sound right or could be better please, I would love imput!!!
I am 200% open to criticism and feedback. If anyone identifies anything else in the pics please let me know. Thanks in advance

Here we have exterior photos

·
608 Posts
I saw a decal for a banks power pack... that is another good selling point. Banks isn't the best stuff out there, but they make a good product. Once you get us an engine picture, we will be able to tell you more. good luck!!

·
30 Posts
Your engine is a turboed 7.3L IDI. Judging from the badges on the fender it is the factory Turbo 7.3 IDI with a Banks power pack upgrade.

BTW that is one great looking truck.

·
2,509 Posts
This is how I would list it after I edited a few things

1994 Ford F-350 crew cab dually
Low Miles (51,000), One Owner.
7.3 turbo diesel with banks power pack
Auto
Centurian upgraded package
dual tanks and additional 90 gallon tank
Fifth Wheel Hitch
This truck has been customized down to the headache rack.

·
160 Posts
The two horns on the roof are air horns, just like semi trucks have. The engine is an IDI Turbo with what looks like a Banks power upgrade. Fortunately for y'all, Banks is one of the most well known names in the diesel truck world; a definite selling point.

It also appears your truck is equipped with a fifth wheel hitch for towing, along with a CB radio and trailer brake controller, in addition to the V style towing tailgate, headache rack, and other options everyone else has listed. It's a very sharp truck.

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
Very nice looking truck! And super clean looking motor!!! I wish I had the money, I would buy it!

But yes that is a 7.3 Liter turbo diesel and If a potetial buyer askes you wether or not it is a "7.3 Liter Powerstroke" you would say, "No it is not".

The gauges in that little "pod" on top of the dash help monitor what is going on inside of the engine and they should be as follows:
turbo psi gauge(should say "boost" on it)
pyrometer gauge (should say "Pyrometer")
transmission temperature gauge( should say "trans. temp")

As for those switches, they could be a number of things. Whoever buys the truck will have to "trace" the wires to find out what they go to.

Hope that helps.

~Jim

·
282 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

That is one sweet truck, Get rid of the celica instead of the Dually. The add that was posted would be perfect to use if your dead set on selling the truck. Sixpack :93C_peelo

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you for all your responses. Driving that truck is certainly different from my little Toyota Corolla. My husband had me drive it to the end of the cul-de-sac yesterday. There's no doubt... my Toyota doesn't compare. :smoke
I was really surprised how comfy the interior was!! As we're driving down the street my husband (who is not naturally a truck person) kept saying, 'this is a really nice truck'. But alas. We were asked to sell this truck with the intent of getting the most money out of it. Therefore I am doing everything in my power to educate myself on trucks so I can put together a half decent ad on ebay.

So yes I do want to sell it, it would be too much power for me anyhow. :squish

Here is what I have so far....

1994 Centurion Ford F-350 crew cab dually,
Low Miles (51,000), One Owner. Beautifully Maintained
Auto 7.3 turbo diesel IDI with Banks Power Pack
This truck as has all the bells and whistles...and two airhorns
Centurion upgraded package Austin No expense was spared.
dual tanks and additional 90+ gallon auxillary tank
Fifth Wheel Hitch
a CB radio and trailer brake controller, in addition to the V style towing tailgate, and headache rack.
The interior is plush, wood paneling, very clean and oh so comfy
Too many fabulous features to list, custom paint, mudflap skirt ect.
Why buy new when you can get a great deal on a rare classic that's barely broken in.

Thanks again, (all the warm wishes and condolences are appreciated)
~Cheryl

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
You are also welcome to post it in our for sale section at the bottom of the forums.

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
Here ya go.
I took exactly what you said and tweeked it just a little bit.
They are very subtle changes so look hard.

1994 Ford F-350 Centurion crew cab dually,
Low Miles (51,000), One Owner. Beautifully Maintained
Automatic, 7.3L IDI turbo diesel with Banks Power Pack
This truck as has all the bells and whistles...and two airhorns
Centurion's "Austin" upgraded package, No expense was spared.
dual tanks and additional 90+ gallon auxillary tank
Fifth Wheel Hitch
a CB radio and trailer brake controller, in addition to the V style towing tailgate, and headache rack.
The interior is plush, wood paneling, very clean and oh so comfy
Too many fabulous features to list, custom paint, mudflap skirt ect.
Why buy new when you can get a great deal on a rare classic that's barely broken in.

~Jim

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
your welcome. Good luck on the sale of the truck, it really is a nice truck.

~Jim

·
Mafia Member #93
695 Posts
wow that is pretty big. Mine is only a 16K.
The order is: 14 or 15K, 16K, 18K, 20K, 25K, 30K. Sometimes there a few different ones in between 20 and 30.

ON EDIT: I am assuming that you know that "20K" means it is rated to pull a 20,000 pound trailer.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts